Skip to content

Detect Illusion (lvl 3 spell) possibly bugged in v 1.2?

Hi all.

I understand that bugs are reported in a specific section of this forum but I am still uncertain as to whether this is an actual bug or not and would appreciate any advice or a known fix (I've already searched this forum and Google and there doesn't seem to be any mention of this). In short, the level 3 detect illusion spell doesn't seem to be ranged as it should be. The in-game spell description describes its range as "visual range of the caster" but whenever I have Neera cast it she will walk right over to the spot where I want the spell to take effect and do it there. Also, I have a mild-suspicion that it's not detecting anything. Neera failed to dispel Davaeorn's mirror image with it during the one time I tried using it during combat. Does he have in-built immunity to certain divination spells? I find this unlikely for a relatively low-level human enemy.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Yea there was some internal discussion about this. It could be that the area of effect and range is misreported. It seems like what the spell does and what the description for the spell does aren't the same in 1.2.