Skip to content

Sarevok vs the Five & Amylessan

What if Sarevok succeeded in his plan in BG1 and found out that he had to defeat the Five to ascend as the new Lord of Murder, how would he have fared against the Five? Would he have attempted to join their attempted alliance or would he have just attacked them head on?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Probably just as well as CHARNAME. He had a party just like yours, but more OP(and bigger).
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    That is some mighty fine undead leveling. I've thought about making a replica Sarevok and BG1 party for a ToB play through. I think it would be a fair bit of fun!

Maybe Sarevok with his standard scores and abilities.
    Angelo Dosan as a fighter mage dual.
    Tazok as a fighter or barbarian.
    Semaj as a sorcerer?
    Tomoko the Cleric. . .
    Just need a decent thief! :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CaloNord said:

Just need a decent thief! :)

Actually, Tazok is a Fighter/Thief IIRC and Semaj is a Mage.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    According to Near Infinity, Tazok is a Lv 9 Fighter, though more precisely he shows as being Lvl 9/2/1, with fighter being his level. File Tazok2 ups his fighter lvl by 2 and str from 18 to 19... go figure, he still has that extra /2 in there.

I don't think Half-ogres can be thieves.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Probably can, fighter cleric and thief are the 'standard' classes all races get access to, but their max level was really low iirc for cleric or thief.

I think it would likely go Sarevok's way, as he'd have a substantial powerbase presumably... but there could be some significance to his whacking Winski, perhaps he realized the PLAN itself was not going to work, not because of charname, but because it was a bad plan. If he succeeded in getting Baldur's Gate conquered by Amn (the only realistic outcome, though Amn was dealing with another army... remember the Ogre Mage in Imnesville? Those are deserters), he'd be cut off from allies, other than his party, so if Gate falls, he'd be grabbed by Irenicus, who would, presumably, kill some of his allies. But he could grab some new allies in Amn, and he's very determined, so he could maybe beat Irenicus.

Weird possibility, if Amn losses, he has a substantial powerbase in the Gate, and is probably going to be on par with any of the 5. Irenicus isnt likely to be able to kidnap Sarevok if he rules the city... The big problem would be Sarevok being overconfident... he wont be able to kill Yaga without inside info, and the 5 wisely seem to see him as the 'problem solver'. So he'd likely have to face Yaga, so his only real hope is that Mellisan gives him the secret. Comsidering the 5 dont trust her by ToB, shes bright enough to know she cant manipulate them, so she might see him as she sees charname, as a tool.

He could win, but itd probably have some parallels to ToB, except Yaga would likely try to seige Baldur's Gate if he controls it.
    Dazzu said:

I don't think Half-ogres can be thieves.

They can be Thieves, but well, since he turns Invisibles and attacks in the final battle I thought he could have been a F/T.
    Interesting! But personally, I think Sarevok would eat them all alive. Especially since he posses some mean immunities.
    CaloNord said:

Interesting! But personally, I think Sarevok would eat them all alive. Especially since he posses some mean immunities.

Oh, no no no no. In terms of immunities, I've (literally) _*never*_ saw something with more immunities than the Five from Ascension, they are even immune to Intelligence Drain to prevent the player from using the Mind Flayer form! They are immune to Sarevok's Deathbringer Assault and the Slay opcode... The are _really_ tough and hard to kill.
    Ahh I've never tried Ascension, only vanilla. In vanilla form I'd say Sarevok would have a cakewalk! ;)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited September 2018
    Actually, true Vanilla Sarevok was pretty ridiculous, especially if you relied on casters. Crazy magic resistance. The best (perhaps only) way casters could fight him was HEAPS of summons. I drained a wand of summoning and judt archered him to finally drop him. Almost all the summons were slaughtered.

If Sarevok kept leveling, he'd be gaining more taint-based powers, and since his sword and armour were powered by his essence of Bhaal, THEY would keep improving. You shouldn't compare Sarevok in BG1 to the 5 after ToB. Way more Bhaalspawn were dead by then.
    Post edited by DreadKhan on
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    As long as Sarevok can use the Power Word : Reload he will be fine
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    well Amylessan relies on convoluted plans to get her way and so does Sarevok so I imagine everyone would just get very confused and end up calling it a day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Sergio‌ That wouldn't have had something to do with Winski Perorate would it? He was Sarevok' teacher. He may well have taught him some dark rituals to bind armour to his taint?