Skip to content

[Help Wanted] Hexxat Expansion (Spoilers)

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
So I've decided to channel my frustration with these games into coming up with minor mod concepts - I'm offering them up to the community in the hopes that someone with a bit of free time might be willing to help me make them (my technical skills are practically nil).

I want to start by adding another branch to Hexxat's ToB storyline. Quick recap: Hexxat has made a deal with the mysterious L in which he will restore her humanity in exchange for the destruction of the lich Korkorran. When you meet Korkorran, there's a dialogue option that can get him to offer the same deal to Hexxat if you just leave him be. Accepting the deal basically cuts through the remainder of Hexxat's quest and takes her straight to the conclusion: you either convince her to stay alive or let her die human.

This mod will add a variant scenario in which players who accept Korkorran's offer will be in for a nasty shock. It turns out the lich isn't nearly as experienced as L, and his attempt to cure Hexxat goes horribly awry: she becomes a Shadow instead.

This leads to the following changes:

1. Hexxat's portrait changes to the hooded concept art in the main menu screen.
2. She loses all vampiric abilities (via the deletion of her amulet) and no longer requires the Cloak of Dragomir to stand in daylight.
3. Her race/appearance is set to Shadow.
4. Her class is set to Shadowdancer, with all the skills and abilities of that particular kit.

The failed transformation causes Hexxat to go berserk, leading to battle with Korkorran and the continuation of the storyline. Unfortunately, when you meet Cabrina and L, he informs you that while he could have cured Hexxat's vampirism, her current form is beyond restoration. You return to Amkethran empty-handed.

In terms of story/banter, Hexxat becomes even more despondent and withdrawn: she hated being a vampire, but being a shadow is even worse - she can't feel anything anymore, no sense of touch or smell, and even her hunger for blood is gone. Her existence has become even less substantial than it was before.

If she's in a romance, she'll try to break it off as you can't even touch her anymore, but the player can promise to stand by her no matter what form she takes (ie: "I would love you even if you were turned into an Ogre"). Her last banter will have her talking about going home to Chult and disappearing into the jungles, though she won't leave until the business with the Five is concluded.

This path will lead to Hexxat's standard epilogue, where she becomes a mythical "Faded Woman" slaughtering the priesthood of Ubtao. If Hexxat remains a vampire instead (ie: you rejected Korkorran's offer and persuaded Hexxat to refuse L), she'll have a new epilogue in which she returns to Athkatla and takes control of the remnants of Bodhi's guild, ruling the city's underworld as a queen.

So... any thoughts, suggestions and technical advice would be most welcome. :)

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited July 2014
    That's a very interesting mod idea. Hexxat is my favorite of the new NPCs, and I've long wished we could have added something to make up for the cut content (which was done for technical reasons). I wish I had more time to help.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Thanks for the compliment, @Jalily! At this point, spreading the word would be a great help, if you can...
    Some "concept art":

Hexxat's new portrait:

Hexxat as a Shadowdancer (white circle):
    I've seen that, but it's really, really not what I'm aiming for. :)