Skip to content

Editing Item Names and Descriptions with NearInfinity and DLTCEP

WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
I've been changing some items damage values and effect values with NearInfinity for flavor reasons(buffing Ir'revrykal to be worth being a fallen Paladin to use it) as well as changing item requirements for the same reason.

I did these using NearInfinity and they worked. However, I found I could not use NearInfinity to change the item descriptions and when I try it returns the message 'Error writing dialog.tlk'.

So I looked around and saw people recommending DLTCEP, which I also tried, but I'm not sure If i got it to work, I already changed the setting to En_lang and checked the box beside it, and no error results from changing the text, and it actually saves the change in the text however the effects aren't seen in NearInfinity or In-game at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    NearInfinity should be able to modify the dialog.tlk just fine. You will run into trouble however if you've installed the game into one of the protected folders "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" and start NearInfinity without administrator privileges.
  • WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
    Thank you! I tried what you said, and it worked!