Skip to content

Ossifier Revisited

Since there was no answer to a similar thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25549/the-ossifier

In addition to the question about caster level...

[Spoiler] Does anyone know whether striking party members makes this essentially an unlimited source of always-prepared Barkskin? [/Spoiler]

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its cast as a level 1 spell. Yes you could use it to have unlimited barkskins, but I'm not sure it would be worth it. Especially given the existence of the shield amulet.
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    Oh derp, I just read the description of the identified version... Cursed - I musta missed that part somewhere.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Can you hit a high ac enemy, so it's ac is set to 5 ?

• nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    that's what else I was thinking - but it's not worth the "Remove Curse" casting thereafter, IMHO.
  • DizavidDizavid Member Posts: 7
    I just tried this out on my party. It does NOT increase AC (in this case, increase being bad). It did lower AC for people who could still benefit from Barkskins defense. In short, the only use here is free Barkskin....and then you need to be able to land the hits. I'm gonna keep it, see how Barkskin helps my Jester who I basically play as a fighter/mage. I'll update if it's actually worth saving the spell slot(s).