Skip to content

Romance conflicts with EE romance?

wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
Hello to you all. I'm sure this question had been discussed before but can't find where. The thing is:

I'm playing the Xan romance mod with BG2EE. It just occurred to me that if the mod romance doesn't conflict with the new ones added in EE, I might experience Rassad's romance as well. Since I rarely play as a female, it seems a good idea to go through as much plot as possible.

So anyone can shed a light in this? Many thanks.

Comments

• wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    OK, I'm in chapter 4 and have several lovetalks with Rassad. Then I realized that it's been a while since Xan last flirted with me. When I forcetalked him, it seemed that we had broken up somehow. I'm not sure if this is related to Rassad romance (we hardly have a relationship in my eyes...) but it may not be a good idea to try multiple romance at the same time.

Or perhaps it has something to do with my playing as an evil character? I really don't know.

Anyway, I edited the variable to recover the relationship with Xan. Hope it works.

edit: I found the cause of this. It's when Anomen got his trial result, whether he got his knighthood or not, the variable AnomenRomanceActive will automatically be set to 2. Thus spoils Xan romance.
    Post edited by wuthering20 on
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Would getting Xan's romance to 2 first work? I like to use Anomen as my main cleric even when I am not romancing him and that wisdom boost from passing his trial is too good to give up. Also is there a difference between the bonded and non-bonded path? Sorry if this is off topic I just want to know if I'll have issues if I bring both Xan and Anomen.
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39

Would getting Xan's romance to 2 first work? I like to use Anomen as my main cleric even when I am not romancing him and that wisdom boost from passing his trial is too good to give up. Also is there a difference between the bonded and non-bonded path? Sorry if this is off topic I just want to know if I'll have issues if I bring both Xan and Anomen.

I think in this mod, the romance variable 2 means you are on the bonded path, while the variable 1 means non-bonded path (someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    About Anomen, just screw his romance before the trial then it should be fine.
    I heard that there's huge difference between bonded and non-bonded path, but I haven't played the bonded path so can't say for sure.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Oh there is, though the latest version of the mod gives you a possible happy ending no matter which path you choose. The original tragic ending is still available though as well.