Skip to content

help on changing helmet appearance

fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
Could someone make Baldur's helm look like vhailor's for my bg2 run through please? Ty.

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Which Vhailor's helm, the original that looks like a skull or the new one from 1pp?

Also, is this for the original BG2 or BGII:EE ?

If the former, do you have 1pp installed or not ?

If you have 1pp installed, what did you choose for the helm appearance: 1ppv4 style [default], Faux Baldur's Gate I style, Baldur's Gate II style or Skip ?
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    This would be for BG2 EE
    I don't have BGII:EE, so I couldn't test it, but considering that the helms should be like in vBG2 plus 1PP with default settings, my WeiDU mod should work fine. Let me know if this is indeed the case.

Download Link: Bald2VhaiV1.zip
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    You can easily change the helmet's appearance by yourself with NearInfinity. Select the file WA2HELM.ITM (Vhailor's Helm) in the resource tree, switch to the "Edit" tab and take a note of the "Equipped appearance" value. Then select the file HELM07.ITM (Helm of Balduran), change the "Equipped appearance" value to the one of Vhailor's Helm and save the changes.
    argent77 said:

You can easily change the helmet's appearance by yourself with NearInfinity. Select the file WA2HELM.ITM (Vhailor's Helm) in the resource tree, switch to the "Edit" tab and take a note of the "Equipped appearance" value. Then select the file HELM07.ITM (Helm of Balduran), change the "Equipped appearance" value to the one of Vhailor's Helm and save the changes.

@argent77, other than the "Equipped appearance", you also have to change 2 BAMs (Icon and Description Image) and 5 opcode(7).
  • alison3492alison3492 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Hmmm. I've found a number of mods that use items to change kits: e.g. Kit Tomes, and the Staves of Wizardry from More Style For Mages. So this should be perfectly possible... I need to see how those implement the changes, maybe they can be a guidepost for me.