Skip to content

Any help for setting up a very very difficult insane modded playthrough???

LubieLubie Member Posts: 1
Hi all, signed up not to long ago as this seems like the best place for bg2ee information. :)
Also I hope this would be the right category to post this at because it is related to mods right???

I am currently playing a SCS run of bg1&2ee and at first and still do love SCS as it does add a great deal of challenge to the game compared to vanilla, however, now that I have adjusted myself to SCS I am starting to find it to still not be enough and I was hoping that some of you may have some ideas of mods I can add in with SCS to add a even greater challenge. I would love to add in tactics but I do not believe it works with EE or does it? Is there anything else out there that will currently work with EE to even add more of a challenge to the game? I have developed this weird things with games where if they are not extremely hard, I end up getting bored with them. I have played through the original BG1&2 many times and still love it, so that may be why I want to make it as freakishly hard as possible. I also really would perfer not going back to the original versions and mod them up as I have also grown to love the EE versions.

So far the only things I can find is SCS to add challenge to the game, I know of tactics and would really really love if someone knew if I could do a SCS/tactics run of EE. Having a HoF mode like icewind dale 2 + SCS + tactics I believe could fill my craving of super insane hard run of if anybody knows of anything? The only other thing I could add with SCS that I do not have is giving ALL mages HLA's as now I have only all in ToB and certain high level casters in SoA and do improved Ust Natha and I have the groups set to Almost Max and again going to switch to maximum, which I am planning on doing here after this evil playthrough.

Thanks all in advance!
lolien

Comments

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    SCS & SCS2 have been (more than) enough for me for as long as they've been out, but before they were released, I had Tactics so wrapped up that I had to add several mods to it to up the difficulty.

An obvious late candidate is Ascension, this is seriously good, to the point where I have only tried the vanilla ending once, on a no-sidequest run.

http://weidu.org/asc.html

Another excellent way to get in way over your head is Ding0's experience fixer, which can cut your XP rewards by up to 83% - I don't know if this works with EE, very possibly not.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=110&Itemid=83

A final way to nerf your early game but become massively overpowered later on is to extend all spell effects to level 50. Most spells cap at levels 10, 15, or 20, so even the level 40 lich added by Tactics only did 10d6 or 15d6 damage per spell, or a massive 20d8 for ADHW. The spell50 mod removes the cap, for players and enemies alike. Again I don't know if this works with EE, but coupled with the above mod, you'd be pretty screwed.

http://weidu.org/spell50.html

Actually I think the Weidu installer you get with SCS may be able to install these older mods into EE. Perhaps copy your entire EE folder, make sure you have the latest setup-scsii.exe in the folder, and try to install them. If it all goes pear shaped, delete the folder and put the copy back.
    lolien