Skip to content

Will there be hard copies available?

GatamoGatamo Member Posts: 4
Also, how big will the game be if it's download only?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    I didnt encounter a statement which state the exact size of the download though Trent said that are trying to compress it to 1.2Gb for ipad, so I guess it will be also around 1-1.5 Gb for PC, but thats just a speculation.

As for boxed copy, unfortunately it probably wont happen for BG:EE
    Tweeter said:

15 Aug Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

The Collectors Edition talks are completely stalled. I do not believe they will be successful and as such a boxed copy will not happen

Its not in Beamdog's hands right now...
  • SargielSargiel Member Posts: 35
    I think this is a great pity as I was really hoping to be able to get a new collectors edition..
  • Silver6986Silver6986 Member Posts: 26
    Damn, I was really hoping there would be a CE! What a shame :(
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2012
    mch202 said:

I didnt encounter a statement which state the exact size of the download though Trent said that are trying to compress it to 1.2Gb for ipad, so I guess it will be also around 1-1.5 Gb for PC, but thats just a speculation.

As for boxed copy, unfortunately it probably wont happen for BG:EE

Tweeter said:

15 Aug Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

The Collectors Edition talks are completely stalled. I do not believe they will be successful and as such a boxed copy will not happen

Its not in Beamdog's hands right now...
    Perhaps if sales prove impressive enough, then there will be enough money to be made from the hardcore fanbase to warrant release of a Collector's Edition that they will pay for separately, in addition to buying the game via download. I can kind of understand a wait-and-see attitude with respect to sales. Not thrilled about having to pay twice for the game, if that's the motive and plan, but from a business standpoint I can see why they'd do things that way. But that's just speculation on my part about why no CE at this time. Who knows.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    At least we will be able to burn the installer/game to disk and install it on other computers, laptops, tablets, etc. No limit to number of installs.