Skip to content

Druid Kits

TheGreatGodLokiTheGreatGodLoki Member Posts: 93
So my buddies and I are gonna restart our game of BG:EE, and we wanted to fill as many rolls as possible. I chose the Druid roll (to knock out Jeheria), which kit would be the best in a multiplayer? I know the Shapeshifter is sorta meh, but as I found out in my last post about them they make great tanks. What about the Avenger and the Totemic?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If you want to kit Jaheira, I'd kit her as a Fighter/Avenger, because she'll still able to use metal-armor (surprise!) but not non-metal armor, and the penalties to her stats won't be applied—but of course, this way you are exploiting bugs and oversights, because the game isn't prepared for you to do this.
    If you want a kit that is still great and is completely over-powered for BG1, go for the Totemic, either Fighter/Totemic Druid or Totemic druid alone will be fine (Fighter/Totemic Druid will be *much*, _much_ better in ToB).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I kinda feel like Avenger is pretty overrated. I played it through in a multiplayer run and it was like, hooray, I get some mage spells that the mage pretty much already has themselves. Hooray. Yes, there's the whole "faster scaling" concept with Chromatic Orb and such, and having Web as a 2nd Level spell is wonderful since 2nd Level Druid spells suck, but ehh. They're not as phenomenal as a lot of people seem to think.

Totemic Druid = Druid except you trade your useless shapeshifting for useful summoning. I'd go with Totemic, yo! Druids have always been good summoners anyway, so it just makes you that much better at it.
  • TheGreatGodLokiTheGreatGodLoki Member Posts: 93
    Quartz said:

I kinda feel like Avenger is pretty overrated. I played it through in a multiplayer run and it was like, hooray, I get some mage spells that the mage pretty much already has themselves. Hooray. Yes, there's the whole "faster scaling" concept with Chromatic Orb and such, and having Web as a 2nd Level spell is wonderful since 2nd Level Druid spells suck, but ehh. They're not as phenomenal as a lot of people seem to think.

Totemic Druid = Druid except you trade your useless shapeshifting for useful summoning. I'd go with Totemic, yo! Druids have always been good summoners anyway, so it just makes you that much better at it.

What about his additional forms? Were they any good? What role does the Totemic Druid bring to a party? As of now we have a Paladin, Archer, and a Fighter/Thief/Mage tri class. We wanted to make it a four party only because we got tired of controlling multiple people at once.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @TheGreatGodLoki Yes. The Sword Spider form in particular is quite deadly. Wyvern is useful for its poison ability, but we all know it's more effective to have a poison ability that is ranged, since druids aren't exactly the beefiest nor have good attacks per round. So while that one is decent, it's not great. The Salamander form hits hard and offers useful elemental resistance.

As I said, Totemic Druid makes your druid an even better summoner, since you have summons that will always be available without taking up any spell slots. With your current line-up you would probably want to spec your druid to being a healer and summoner. Because you need healing, and summoning compensates for things; I'm sure your Paladin will be your tank, but in some scenarios one person just can't take all the damage that's incoming.

Then again since your mage is a triple class, Avenger wouldn't be too bad of an idea either.
  • TheGreatGodLokiTheGreatGodLoki Member Posts: 93
    I rolled an Avenger and for the time being I am the "healer/buffer" of the group until I hit level 7. Then we think I should be the anti-mage of the group with the poison.

On that note, is there any difference between the poison of the spider and that of the Wyvern?

We though about the Totemic druid but because we had the Paladin (who rolled amazing stats) we felt safe enough to exclude him.