Skip to content

Dualling Imoen with BGT (spoilers)

I just finished the BG1 portion of BGT, having kept Imoen a thief the entire game. After getting Yoshimo in Irenicus' dungeon, I dualled her to mage, and she was level 5 by the time she was whisked away to Spellhold. My primary question is--will her XP change at all by the time I get to her? Or will she still be a level 5 mage without thief skills for another 6 levels or so?

This could determine the makeup of my party, as well as how fast I try to get to Spellhold, since she has been my primary thief. I can just keep Yoshimo, but replacing him with Imoen could cause me to be without a thief for the rest of that chapter. Or I could pick up Jan, although that might make my party a bit heavy on arcane (I'm a sorc, and I'd have Imoen too).

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yeah, the Imoen you meet in Spellhold is a different creature.
  • BGLover1981BGLover1981 Member Posts: 13
    CrevsDaak said:

Yeah, the Imoen you meet in Spellhold is a different creature.

Do you mean she reverts to the design of the original game? Or does BGT preserve stat changes (I gave her an int tome in BG1), skill allocations, and so forth, while adding XP depending on my level when rescuing her?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    She'll be the same before Spellhold, but the game is hardcoded to take the pre-Spellhold Imoen in ToB, so the post-Spellhold Imoen is different. No idea if BGT handles this from a different way. Some day i'll see if I can change this so you can use the same Imoen from BG1 to ToB.