Skip to content

What in your opinion is the best legit SCS+Ascension party?

There is no one correct answer for this so let's hear your opinions! I'm looking for a bit inspiration for my next run.

Let's assume most sadistic SCS settings except only allow short duration buffs when NPC casters are ambushing because my guess is that most of us play with that on.

Currently I'm thinking of going with:

Korgan - Axe of Unyelding + Crom Fayer.
Haer'Dalis - Probably Angurvadal + Scarlet Ninja-to (Celestial Fury + Kundane before that).
Jan, maybe switch to Imoen later because I don't think she ever leaves an evil party. Jan's detect illusions is very nice but not really worth it to sacrifice all those mage levels.
Ewdin/Neera - Personal preference here on which one to choose. I think they are equally good.
Anomen - Flail of Ages.
Protagonist F/M or C/R. I really can't decide. On the other hand there are no good C/R weapons left so I'd probably have to use something like Staff of the Ram and having never done that I'm not sure how good it would be. With F/M I wouldn't have insect swarm but would be able to have some bladed weapons.

In my opinion 2 arcane casters is a must and insect swarm is highly desired. I have never done a run without a cleric so it's hard for me to say if one is truly required but I feel like it is.

I guess I could also dump Anomen for Jaheira, give her a scimitar and take Flail of ages for my own C/R but then I wouldn't have any good off-hands I think so it would have be flail + shield or go with F/M and lose cleric spells. I really dislike druids though so there's that :)

I don't feel like single class thieves are ever worth taking. Single class clerics are also quite bad. I think Korgan, with un-nerfed grandmastery, is better than any other evil/neutral companion there is and with Korgan in the party almost everyone else have to have some spells.

Enough of my own musings :) Your thoughts?