Skip to content

Problem with Mur'Neth mod?

SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
I recently tried out the Mur'Neth mod, which has been updated for compatibility with EE. Although the in-game character appears to work based on my cursory testing, I receive a series of error messages every time that I begin a new game. See screenshots below for two examples of the multiple error messages that I receive.

My understanding of the Mur'Neth mod (I never tried it before now) is that the character is supposed to be his own unique thief kit. However, in my game, Mur'Neth is considered a vanilla thief. My supposition is that perhaps the game isn't recognizing the new kit, and that's what's causing the error messages?

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @SharGuidesMyHand, it looks like this mod was last updated one month before the release of patch 1.2, so most likely the kit is currently broken. In fact, patch 1.2 has introduced new externalisations for kits and they now require additional code to work properly.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    This is a little unfortunate, as this mod is a very original idea I would like to play around with. Any chance there is a simple fix to this??
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

This is a little unfortunate, as this mod is a very original idea I would like to play around with. Any chance there is a simple fix to this??

Fixing the kit shouldn't be too difficult, but I would wait for patch 1.3 as it seems more changes regarding kits are coming.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

This is a little unfortunate, as this mod is a very original idea I would like to play around with.

Based on my (admittedly cursory) testing, it appears that the character and his special abilities still work, but the character is simply considered a vanilla thief rather than a unique thief kit. In other words, it appears that the mod is still functional if you're really interested in it (although I do have to click off about ten error messages before starting each game with the mod installed).
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Ive been enjoying this NPC. No probs that I can see with BGEE 2.3. I know @Andyr has been gone a while but it still functions quite well.