Skip to content

x2 Officer Vai

RaraynRarayn Member Posts: 12
edited August 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Current behaviour:
If Officer Vai attacks the player for his/her low reputation, and follows the player outside, a new Officer Vai will spawn inside the inn once the player's reputation is back to a positive level. The new Officer Vai gives out the Bandit Scalp quest as if nothing had happened.

In addition, her two subordinates will also be duplicated. The first Officer Vai remains hostile.

Screencaps:
http://i.imgur.com/rxYvT24.png
http://i.imgur.com/vD6ljoQ.png

Expected behaviour:
There should be no duplicates of Officer Vai or her subordinates.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Do you have a save before this happened? We'll need one for replication purposes.
    Save can be found in Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/save. Zip/rar the whole 000000### - Saved Game Example folder that composes the save with previous to this issue and upload it with the attach a file option.
  • RaraynRarayn Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2014
    Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have any saves available. The only saves I use are autosaves, and the one from before this happened is already lost.

Don't know if you think it's worth the effort, but the best I can do for the sake of replication is to explain in more detail:
    1. I had 4 reputation, reduced from 10 after murdering the Flaming Fist Mercenary involved in the "Samuel and Lena" quest.

2. I entered Beregost from the south, and entered the Jovial Juggler Inn before I spoke to the little girl with the message from Officer Vai.

3. Officer Vai initiated dialogue, and because of my low reputation attacked me instead of offering me her quest.

4. I ran outside, she followed, and I knocked her unconscious.

5. I rested at Feldepost's Inn, then travelled to the Friendly Arm Inn to deliver Samuel to the temple there. While there, I also increased my reputation by 4 points through temple donations.

6. I returned to Beregost. As I made my way to the Jovial Juggler Inn to see if Officer Vai had calmed down, she attacked me right outside the door. I knocked her out again, but when I entered the inn a new Officer Vai (and company) had spawned. The hostile version outside did not despawn.
    edited August 2014
    I think I spotted the bug even if I couldn't replicate it--she is spawning again because you didn't talk to the girl first. I'll do another repro now... Trid again and no, I'll try again but making her get out now...
    OK, now I got it, you have to her get out, what you do later doesn't matter. Just go to the Jovial Juggler, make her get Hostile and then get out of the Inn, knock her unconscious and enter the inn again and she'll re-spawn.

Tagging @Troodon80‌ @Tresset‌ so they can write a report.
  • ItchyDani3lItchyDani3l Member Posts: 9
    Infinite loot :)