Skip to content

Ease of use suggestions

CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
1. Triggers and Contingencies

Would be pretty helpful if we could save & name our favorite trigger and contingency combinations and cast them either directly from the spellbook, or choose them from a popup when the spell is cast. I find consistently recasting them rather tedious.

Corollary: Automatically cast unused triggers and contingencies upon resting (see #3).

2. Rest until healed

Rest until healed is somewhat broken. Healing spells are cast upon resting, but IIRC only those on the memorization list are cast again if the party will have to sleep for more than a single 8-hour period. If it's been determined that the party won't be healed after a single rest, the game should fill all priest slots with healing, spend them automatically, and then rest a second time with the original spell selection. "Rest until healed" should seldom, if ever, take you more than 16 hours.

3. Innate or equipped abilities that produce items

The Cloak of the Stars and Jansen's ability to produce stunning bolts come to mind here. Please have them cast automatically upon resting if they've not been used. (see #1)

None of these are truly critical, but they would make the game worthy of its "Enhanced" tag.

Comments

• pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings it will help mage and rouge get better armour class.
  • SynergeticSynergetic Member Posts: 69
    Working as intended bro
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    @pablo200783 Usually, the one's who's hurt in my parties are the frontline fighters, usually kitted out with very heavy armor ^^*

But for 1, I totally agree, would be lovely to be able to setup contagency's, spelltriggers and others automatically... Should tie in to number 2, if the spells arn't available, the spells should be reallocated so they can be stored and then the spell-list should be restored. I tend to play sorcerers so it doesn't really affect me other than with Edwin but still.

As for 2. Deff needed! And it should halt rests after 24 hours, no matter what...

Number 3. Yesh please, nothings duller than inventory management...
  • pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    On paper system AD&D characters can wear magical armor and ring at same time it isnot overpower tweak.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited August 2012
    @pablo200783 - they can, but according to PnP rules they only benefit from the higher AC bonus, while the other remains inactive. BG follows PnP rules, and they made it impossible to wear both simultaneously to avoid the situation whereby unaware players would waste a ring slot on an item that is not really helping them.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228

@pablo200783 - they can, but according to PnP rules they only benefit from the higher AC bonus, while the other remains inactive. BG follows PnP rules, and they made it impossible to wear both simultaneously to avoid the situation whereby unaware players would waste a ring slot on an item that is not really helping them.

PnP says that the armor bonus of a ring does not stack with a magical armor, but that the saving throw bonus and other resistances can still be used.

There's a mod out there that allows you to do just this - hopefully they'll implement it.