Skip to content

Extra content coming out the ears....what are the best NPC mods??

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
edited August 2014 in General Modding
Lately I've been lamenting the lack of NPC options in BG2, especially of certain classes. On top of that, anything that adds to the story without taking away from the original is fantastic in my book. So, in general, what are your favorite, essential NPC additions, romances, friendships etc. And in regards to the IEP and Pocket Plane Banter packs for BG2, do they alter the vanilla dialog in any way, or just add a much larger quantity of it?? I'm looking to expand the universe (keep in mind I do already have the BG1 NPC mod installed, and don't know how I lived without THAT for so long).

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited August 2014
    I've actually decided to go with the NPCs from BG1 that have mods for the second game, as I like the idea of the continuity. The one thing that always sticks out to me is the very large lack of Bards available in either game, anyone know of any good additions they can think of in this regard as well??

Edit: I have Branwen, Tiax, Coran, Kivan, Alora, and Xan downloaded. Any others that some intrepid modder helped bring into the BG2 fold, that is compatible with the EE?? (save for the obvious deaths of Khalid and Dynaheir).
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @jjstraka34

You mentioned being interested in Bards. I can highly recommend the Haer’Dalis Romance mod. It expands on the interactions that you were able to have with the bard Haer’Dalis in the original game and adds a romance option for a female PC as well. Certainly one of my favorite mods.
    edited August 2014

@jjstraka34

You mentioned being interested in Bards. I can highly recommend the Haer’Dalis Romance mod. It expands on the interactions that you were able to have with the bard Haer’Dalis in the original game and adds a romance option for a female PC as well. Certainly one of my favorite mods.

I did get that one on my list as well. Added Ajantis and some Romance and Friendship stuff as well.
    After alot of research today I've finally come up with my own special brew of how I want these games to play out for me in the future, feel free to let me know if any of these things are going to conflict with each other.

BGEE:

BG1 NPC Project
    Lure of the Sirine's Call
    Drizzt Saga
    Finch NPC
    Isra NPC
    Valerie NPC
    Saradas Revisioned Shapeshifter
    Wizard Slayer Kit Revision
    Rogue Rebalancing

BGIIEE:

Tales of the Deep Gardens
    Assassinations
    Back to Brynnlaw
    The Sellswords
    I Shall Never Forget
    Ajantis NPC
    Kindrek NPC
    Xan NPC
    Yasraena NPC
    Alora NPC
    Tiax NPC
    Angelo NPC
    Arath NPC
    Ninde NPC
    Banter Packs
    IEP Extended Banters
    Viconia Friendship
    Mazzy Friendship
    Yoshimo Friendship
    Edwin Romance
    Tsujatha NPC
    Imoen Friendship
    Coran NPC
    Sarevok Friendship
    Branwen NPC
    Wheels of Prophecy
    Keto NPC
    Adrian NPC
    NPC Flirt Packs
    Romantic Encounters
    Haer'Dalis Romance
    Sarevok Romance
    Saradas Revisioned Shapeshifter
    Wizard Slayer Kit Revision
    Rogue Rebalancing

I'll save SCS and the Randomizer for a much later date. Getting into modding the game to your personal taste, it turns out, is a game in itself. The only two I have on the side I'm not sure on are Kivan's (which I know some community members are working on right now) and Yeslick, who is out there but I'm not entirely sure if he translates to the EE games. Exhausting night, but fun.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    BG1 NPC Project is a 10/10 in my book, but I don't think it is yet compatible (I feel like I've been waiting years!!!)
    I tried Xan NPC and I enjoyed it well enough. I made him a sorcerer and it was fun.
    I think Angelo and Finch are my favorites, and I recommend them for sure.
    I want to try Isra as well.
    One thing for sure: you cannot go wrong with Rogue Rebalancing. Classic mod.

BG1 NPC Project is a 10/10 in my book, but I don't think it is yet compatible (I feel like I've been waiting years!!!)
    I tried Xan NPC and I enjoyed it well enough. I made him a sorcerer and it was fun.
    I think Angelo and Finch are my favorites, and I recommend them for sure.
    I want to try Isra as well.
    One thing for sure: you cannot go wrong with Rogue Rebalancing. Classic mod.

Actually the NPC mod for EE is up and running, not in it's final version but very workable test phase, I'm running it currently and having no problems, check out the thread :)

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2014
    I enjoyed Isra. No real BS events, nothing too out of the ordinary and the one twist there is in her romance is... well you'll see.

The only problems I had were that Isra's attack cries are a bit on the calm sounding side and you'll develop paranoia to start resting at inns to keep the romance going. Very solid overall.

Speaking of: Your list has her for the first game, but not the second? Why?
    Dazzu said:

I enjoyed Isra. No real BS events, nothing too out of the ordinary and the one twist there is in her romance is... well you'll see.

The only problems I had were that Isra's attack cries are a bit on the calm sounding side and you'll develop paranoia to start resting at inns to keep the romance going. Very solid overall.

Seemed like her Valerie were like a combo pack of mods, and Valerie's II mod doesn't seem to be finished yet, so I thought I'd just keep her as a exclusive to the first game as something to look forward to, as there aren't alot of additions to the first game at present, and the weidu in my BGII folder is already about 4 times the size. Weird decision I know.

• dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48

Dazzu said:

Seemed like her Valerie were like a combo pack of mods, and Valerie's II mod doesn't seem to be finished yet, so I thought I'd just keep her as a exclusive to the first game as something to look forward to, as there aren't alot of additions to the first game at present, and the weidu in my BGII folder is already about 4 times the size. Weird decision I know.

I would definitely change that, especially since she's romancable. That's like declaring you would like cheesecake, but you only eat a few spoonfuls of it and refuse the rest of the entire cake that's available to you. (Seriously though, like most of the NPCs that go from BG1 to BG2, Isra really shines in the second game.)
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    Dazzu said:

The only problems I had were that Isra's attack cries are a bit on the calm sounding side

@Dazzu - Heh. Yeah, they are. I never could manage to go more heated with them without dropping the accent. (And screaming at your laptop at midnight is weird in the first place!)

@jjstraka34‌ - The near simultaneous release was just coincidence, actually. They weren't a combo pack, so don't let that affect your decision to play BG2. There are no plans for further crossmod between them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.