Skip to content

Not really a feature..or maybe it is...Bottomless bag of holding

immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Or some other mechanism for the pack rat type fans who want to keep everything they find :)
I realize limited inventory is part of the game mechanic so the Bottomless bag of holding would be something of an option and available early or at the start.......Not something you would HAVE to use if you are a purist.

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    A bag of holding wouldn't be too bad. Especially if you have a couple of ranged fighters and are always picking up arrow or bolts etc that stack at 20 as well as having to pick up other things.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Exactly and I like to keep the notes and messages and all the trivia I pick up along the way.
  • th3rulXTth3rulXT Member Posts: 9
    Maybe i'm wrong here, but a new area with some little house having a chest where you can place all that stuff may be more purist. By having the bottomless bag of holding means you bring all your stuff everywhere, so you can change your equiped weapons during battles for examples. By dropping all your "collector but not so usefull" stuff in a chest, it still gives the player a feeling which tolds him to take the good decision and so keep some stuff that could proove itself usefull in an unknow situation.

By doing so, I think it keeps the game balanced, that it's pretty easier for devs to implements and that @RedGuard could still have enough empty space for arrows or bolts ;)

NVM the way to introduce this new area; let's jaheira said it's a possession of Gorion in the near forest and that he would certainly wants it to rest in the "family" so it's yours now. Close enough, to the beginning of the game, not plot or story related, do not break inventory and so on some gameplay features and seems simple to implement.

What do you think about it ?

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    It's certainly a viable alternative @th3rulXT but it seems a bit 'six and half a dozen' to me. Both have their advantages and drawbacks. In a perfect world they could do both and let people choose which they prefer, though I think a house or stronghold for the player might be harder to implement.
    Im game but thought that would be too hard this late in development, and bags of Holding already exist in the game I think and its a small tweak to make them bottomless.
  • th3rulXTth3rulXT Member Posts: 9
    Speaking of making the bags of Holding bottomless, i was searching through the features of the mod "ease of use" http://weidu.org/ease.html and have seen that it was one of the functionnality. As said on the webpage, Ease of use has been implemented into BG2 Tweak Pack and, as far as i remember, some functionnality of BG2 Tweak Pack have been implemented, so it may be already implemented in BG:EE or easily doable.

Last question so far is: "Is a Bag of Holding available next to the beginning of the game ?"
    Well if it's already tweaked to be bottomless (I used all the weidu stuff back in the day) then I could always console it in if I know the code.....
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    With the addition of the BG2 engine will there be bags other than or in addition to the bag of holding?
    I've read that there will be ammo bags and scroll cases but can't give you the link, really should look through the other threads on what is in and what could not be done....theres a long list of stuff they are incorporating.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    inventory minigame is allways nice and money is harder to come by if you cant hoard each enhanced arrow you find. but there could be containers(scroll case,potion container and gem bag) but for those i would put a small limit like 10potions a container 20 scrolls and around 50 gems.
  • HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36
    But what about the pure JOY of finding the bag later in game? And you can stop worrying about throwing thing out all the time. I, for one, found it a big YAHOO!!!-moment when finding the bag, and I wouldn't have that taken away from anyone new to the Baldur's Gate experience.

Simple solutions are for the commercially-laser-focused games like World of Warcraft.
    edited August 2012
    After playing the game 20 or thirty times the Yahoo factor lost its appeal ;) I want the bag.
    Oh but I wasn't intending it be forced upon you...Id be happy with it being an option or in a box that you could choose to not take it from :) I even indicated Id be happy to console it in if the code were made known :)
  • HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36
    If there is a box there, I HAVE to take it, it's as simple as that.. But option to console it in will arrive shortly after game-launch I bet, people always finds those codes ;) So I wouldn't worry :D
    edited August 2012
    Your lack of will power is not my problem ;) < /humor>
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Bottomless bag of holding? Isn't that what a stronghold is?
    Sceptenar said:

Bottomless bag of holding? Isn't that what a stronghold is?

Nope not the same at all. The bag is for carrying, the Stronghold is for when you are ready to settle down and make roots. Of course in games like Skyrim that is your only option.