Skip to content

Any way to fix the horrendous script AI?

So, my usual method of handling my party is to leave everyone's script on basic aggressive (ie, see enemy, use main weapon to attack), and then assign them manual orders as needed.
The problem I'm having is that the script AI is overriding what I tell them to do. Eg, I'll have Viconia casting a heal spell in the middle of a fight, she'll get most of the way through the spell and then suddenly cancel the spell and start firing her sling.
Or Dorn will run at an enemy, take one swing, run to another enemy on the other side of the screen, swing once, then run to yet another one...
Similarly, I can't tell them what to attack, I'll manually tell someone to attack a particular enemy, and the AI will take over and have them attack someone else.

Anyone else found this behaviour? And have any idea how to fix it? I thought manual command input was supposed to get precedence.

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    The default AI scripts aren't very good. You should get ones made by a third party if you want your characters to behave more or less intelligently. The ones that come with the game are very basic and prone to error in judgment. Or you could just shut off the AI completely and always use manual control. Giggerlings Three has some called "eSeries", which are pretty good, and over at Spellhold Studios there's the "bpSeries" ones, which are something of a continuation of them. bpSeries has been designed with the EE games in mind.The eSeries haven't updated for quite some time, though they do work.