Skip to content

Hexxat in Mellisan battle? [minor spoiler]

This is the first time I bring Hexxat to the final part of TOB (I've brought her before, but she
committed suicide in the end of her quests.
)

Anyway, something unexpected happened. When the fight with Mellisan began, Mellisan just cast something while saying "undead thing begone!" then Hexxat automatically died. I revived her after each stage of battle, only to have her instantly killed in next fight with Mellisan. Now I understand that it's perfectly reasonable for the boss to have an ability instantly killing undead creatures, but if that's the case, how am I supposed to see Hexxat's epilogue without cheating? And I find having a party member totally useless in final battle quite ridiculous (not that she's useful in fighting but still...) I wonder if there's anything can be done to prevent this? Thanks.

ps. It's unrelated to my topic. Just want to mention that I found Xan's mod including a dialogue between Xan and Hexxat. It caught me completely out of surprise. Good job to the author of this mod!

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I can't be too sure, but in my experience Mellissan liked to use the Sunray spell, which roasts undead with disturbing efficacy. If Hexxat was too close to one of those, then she wouldn't stand a chance. If that's what happened, then I'd suggest keeping her way back from Mellissan most of the time, and maybe focus on some of her summoned goons instead.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    According to her script she has basically an instant death ability against undead. If she sees one it looks like she can basically auto-kill it. Death Ward might protect Hexxat against it (but from the looks of things probably not).
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Yeah, it's a special ability of Mellisan, and Death Ward is of no use here.
    I'm also curious about why this issue had been mentioned by so few people (actually I can't find any.) Surely many players had used Hexxat in final battle before...?
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Guess a pure thief just is a bit too weak:P
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Heh, the one time I finished with Hexxat I had plans for her to use Tenser's Transformation with Staff of the Ram, but never got around to using it because I didn't really need the help. As such, she basically stayed back while my PC, Korgan and Sarevok did the heavy lifting.
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Well, then I guess it doesn't happen in every playthrough. In my case Hexxat always got killed before she can do anything. I wonder what caused the difference......