Skip to content

Winski Perorate reduces reputation on kill.

Winski Perorate, the lawful evil mentor of Sarevok reduces your reputation when killed in the same manner as an innocent, unlike every other evil minion of Sarevoks that either tries to run or begs for their life.

Expected behavior: Winski behaves like every other minion of Sarevok's and gives no reputation penalty.

It should be noted that this reputation penalty came immediately after Winski's ward publicly murdered one of the 2 remaining lords of the city and Winski teleported him away from justice. It should also be noted that Winski is a powerful mage (note teleportation usage) and is in an area that is completely inaccessible by law enforcement. Winski's declaration that he'll be killed anyway relies upon Sarevok's survival and it is easily arguable that allowing Winski to live is a patently irresponsible act. By Winski's own testimony he is the one who led Sarevok on his dark path, and it can be reasonably assumed that he would do the same with any other Bhaalspawn he came in contact with in the future.

The reason I put this in as a bug rather than a suggestion is that I'm currently roleplaying a character who would never allow someone who has of their own free will committed atrocities (mass slavery/murder/etc) to live just because they are weak and/or cowardly. This has led to me killing every single minion that begs for their life, and all but 1 who try to run away (I didn't have a command spell available to stop the guy under candlekeep). Not a single minion of Sarevok has ever reduced my reputation on death, including Stephan, Davaeorn's useless apprentice. Given that significantly more difficult moral dilemma's (again, Stephan, who can't be proven to have actually done anything) do not give a rep penalty,

I don't see how it could be intended that someone who was involved in the public murder of one of the city's leaders could possibly give a rep penalty when killed within a few in-game hours of the crime given how the other "evil but not hostile" storyline characters are treated.

This is something of an important rep penalty, as there is no chance to "redeem" yourself after it, and thus if you kill this unrepentantly evil character, you are guaranteed to get the evil version of the final dream (I lost 7 reputation, going from 16 to 9 for killing him).

Comments

• Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Ahh. But, why kill him. Most cruel option is to tell him you 'll leave him alive to witness Sarevok 's end, then ignore him and leave that thing (sorry, man) down there on the dirt as already is...