Skip to content

Will it include the expansions? Will it be possible to port existing Infinity Engine mods?

ValmontValmont Member Posts: 10
Hello! I recently found out about this and am still scavenging for more info before I get immensely excited but there are burning questions on my mind I'm not finding the answers to easily enough :)

Will the EE include the two games' respective expansions? I really hope so, Bg1 especially doesnt feel complete to me without the great addons it had :)

And perhaps even more importantly, since theyre working from the old source code, does anyone know if its likely to mean that existing mods will work with the enhanced edition, or that they could be ported to it with relative ease?

Thanks alot for any input or thoughts about these questions!

Either way, I cant wait to play Baldurs Gate all over again :)

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In the order you asked:

1) Yes, both EE games will include their respective expansions. They will also include three new NPCs (Rasaad, Neera, and Dorn), as well as several new quests and an entirely new adventure (The Black Pits). The new content is described on the baldursgate.com main website.

2) Yes, one of the major goals for the enhanced edition was to make sure that existing mods would be able to work with the new code. There might be some work that needs to be done, but it will have more to do with fixing references to items and characters that have either been moved or renamed in the code itself.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Here's a link to a list of officially announced features if you're hungry for more!
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2041/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-have-been-announced/p1