Skip to content

How many times . . .

MercuriousMercurious Member Posts: 7
Did you play through the original?

I remember playing well into double digits, and that does not include restarts.

Comments

• ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    I played the series for years (EA nightmare). Years. So similiar count I expect.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Same here, it's been roughly at least one playthrough per year, sometimes a bit more.. so likely somewhere around 15 full playthroughs.. and yeah, a bunch of restarts.
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Full playthroughs, as the whole thing. Maybe four or five.
    Partial playthroughs, problem into the dozens.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    Easily double-digits. It's been years, mind you, but I played and replayed the game so many times I lost count. I'm talking full playthroughs.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    BG 1 i played 6times with different parties to be able to test them all, and around 50 solo play throughs to test each class in solo (best blade) (worst wizard slayer(didnt dual to thief for abuse)).

BG 2 3times with different parties to test all npc out, after that around the same amount of solo plays as BG 1 had but allmost all of them got ridiculously over powered before spellhold and i stopped there. only solos i was able to finish was sorcerer,paladin,blade around 5times(i love blades),berserker/cleric,assassin around 5times this one also and last but probably not the last one was avenger.. might be few more that i cant recall.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Probably 8 times. Only because I couldn't beat sarevok as a little kid.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I spent most my years from when I was 8 till 14 years old playing this game. And I mean a LOT of runs per year. I completed 3 runs alone in the last 2 months... I would go around and say I completed the original Baldur's Gate over 60 times by now, if not more.

BG2 is different, more like 4 times.

But yeah, that's the reason I can do pretty much any crazy thing in BG1 nowadays - I know it BY HEART! What would I give for a complete amnesia in the video gaming field though...
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    i'm 24 now, and I started BG1 when I was 10 or 11... I never stoped to play it during this time
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    Only once,last year.I thought I will play it again trough summer,but decided to wait for EE,at least I will have something to do during winter holidays
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Sadly I only played once through Baldur`s Gate. Soloed it as a Mage and I barely remember anything, so I`m really excited about playing BG 1 again with enhancements. Also, I`ve never played the expansion "Tales of the Sword Coast"

Baldur`s Gate 2 (TOB included) I might have played it like 3 times, maybe 4. But mostly repeating party members.

So, again, overall I`m really excited about the enhanced edition and I plan to play it A LOT.
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Played BG1 twice through, so really looking forward to going through it again. Played BG2 through about a gazilliion times lol
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Not that many full playthroughs, but plenty of hit-and-run sessions where I start a new character, play for a while and then decide I want to play a different class/race/gender...
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    BGI/IWDI I will say about 3 times each. IWD2, I would say 4 times. I think I beat BGII 9 times.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Four or five for the original. Probably around twenty times for the sequel.
  • Sick_BoySick_Boy Member Posts: 20
    Bg1 two playthroughs IIRC.
    Bg2 around 6-7 times not counting restarts.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    BG1 I've only played through three or four times.
    BG2 I've played probably somewhere closer to 40 or 50 times (not all the way through every single time, I frequently hit TOB and lose interest)
  • lmaoboatlmaoboat Member Posts: 72
    I don't think I've actually played through any game more than twice, perhaps thrice.
  • Dannen6272Dannen6272 Member Posts: 28
    About a dozen times to completion, with goodness knows how many restarts and experimental characters in between.
  • morgy321morgy321 Member Posts: 36
    i only played bg1 1 time to the end as a fighter and bg 2 like 2 times as a paladin like to try as a mage nexst time
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm going to guess around a dozen times.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I played the original at least 4 times through that I remember, the last time to have a male CHARNAME for BG2. In BG2, I got through SoA once before I needed to change my system. I was partway through ToB at the time.