Skip to content

having trouble at the end

Hi everyone. I have been a lurker but this is my first post. I have been having trouble finishing the end(s) I did not really struggle with most of the game but I am to the last battle and also to the shipwreck level 4 in Balduran and past the Chess game in Durlags tower. Do I have the wrong characters? I have a Berserker, Minsc, Branwen, and Kivan all level 8 and Xan and Imoen at level 9. Or perhaps I just am not using the right spells? I tried to google good spells for Xan but did not find much.

I know I am late to the party lol, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    Well for the shipwreck's greater werewolf you'll want to use the dagger you find a few floors underneath where he is on the ship, as well as the gold bastard sword you can find behind him (its in balduran's desk though there is a trap at the entrance to the room its in). Even if you aren't proficient with these weapons, they still will be enough to damage him.

You can also buy potions of firebreath from Sorcerous sundries. If everyone in your party is using them it should be enough to kill the greater wolfwere. Slow (level 3 spell) will also be a good spell for Xan to use here because it will slow down the number of attacks made against your guys. Of course Haste (level 3 as well) is also a good choice. You can buy these from Sorcerous Sundries in the city of Baldur's Gate.

You can check out my NPC to BGEE here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183524786

Including the section on Xan to get more spell ideas.

Knowing what spells you have and what strategies you've tried taking so far in these fights would help.

• RoccoLeeRoccoLee Member Posts: 2
    ok, thank you Elminster. I will give it a go tonight and keep track of what is working and what isn't. I am also checking out your guide. I appreciate the quick response.