Skip to content

How to kill Abazigal

Hi,

I am currently doing a first run through of BG2 TOB, now I am at Abazigal and he literally hacks away my party..... My char is a sorcerer lv27, i got Anomen lv30, Aerie lv25, Imoen, lv25, Minsc lv27, Haerdalis lv32....) I got crom fayr and basically all other +5 items you find....

I didnt remember he was that strong... In his fighter form he kills all my characters in 2 hits.....

How do you kill Abazigal, draconis was a piece of cake compared to him

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    He's tougher than a regular dragon but I don't really prepare much differently. Aerie, Imoen, Haer'Dalis and your sorcerer can all make themselves immune to his melee damage with PfMW. Minsc and Anomen should get their damage resistance up with Armour of Faith, Hardiness, Defender of Easthaven. Improved Haste your warriors and your damage output should be good enough to take him down.

Your party is quite arcane heavy. Not sure if Lower Resistance works on Abazigal (it should) so throw three in a Trigger at the start then hit him with the big damage spells like ADHW, Skull Trapx3 in Sequencer and Dragon's Breath (which ignores MR anyway). You can also just do Timestop, Shapechange: Mindflayer and intelligence drain him to death.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    In case you don't get the lingo PFMW = Protection From Magical Weapons (level 6 mage spell), ADHW = Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting (8th level mage spell)

Having a couple of TImestop's is handy. Improved Alacrity (higher level ability that you can cast as a level 9 spell) will also help you more quickly cast Lower Resistance on him in the event that you didn't take Spell Trigger as a level 8 spell.

Have Haer'Dalis put down any higher level ability traps you've taken with him (spiked trap would be a good choice). There is a bug in the game that only restricts this to one trap an area, so make that one trap count! :p
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Do you have Shapechange? I think he's susceptible to illithids.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    His human form can be easily distracted with a Mordenkainen's Sword. That way at least you're going into Dragon Abazigal with full health.
  • vonbee5040vonbee5040 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks I killed him on my 2nd try in less than 10 min.... only loss Minsc and Haerdalis ( he's like alwaays dying). Didnt remember a run at hardest where my characters died that much