Skip to content

Has work on BG2:EE started?

Washcloth_RepairmanWashcloth_Repairman Member Posts: 35
I'm trying to get a very rough estimate on how long after BG:EE I can expect it; a few months or a year plus?

Comments

• RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    Well in a sense work has started on BG2EE. All of the hard work they are doing on the engine and UI and fixing multiplayer for BGEE all goes directly in to BG2. So it should go much faster than just trying to get everything up and running from scratch.
  • SynergeticSynergetic Member Posts: 69
    I'm going to shoot for a good 6 months after September. I am sure they will be making new content and new chars and new adventures for it as well - not to mention the game is significantly longer and larger. But that will give you that much more time to play around in BGEE especially when the moders get their fingers on it.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    They have the engine and a lot of the bug fixes on items/spells etc. goes directly into BG2:EE. With the bug fixes or at least accurate knowledge of the bugs comes straight from the community, they'll pretty much just have to focus on creating new content and perhaps improving on the engine. I'd be surprised if we don't see BG2:EE before next summer. Don't take my word for it tho...