Skip to content

Pub Crawling

killingwithasmilekillingwithasmile Member Posts: 19
I was in the Nashkel Tavern the other day and, feeling a tad imaginative, placed my companions around the table as though they were all taking a seat after a long hard day of adventuring. Now I realize this would be a huge ask and a lot of work, but how cool would it be if you could simply sit your characters down around the table, have the 'wenches' come and take your order, initiate dialogue between the characters and hear REAL rumors, unlike the constant rumor of the feeble iron ore in the mine or the bandits raiding the roads.
Honestly, I dont expect this in BGEE, but allowing the player to enjoy the already atmospheric taverns even more would only add to the game.

Comments

• SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    I'd have to agree, would add a bit more of a role-playish style to the game.
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    I hope someone will make mod like this,it would be really awesome,I wanted something like that since first visit to inn in BG
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    Ha ha, I do this all the time. I'll set the party to a table and have something to drink myself for a moment. Similarily, I'll frequently end a session in an inn, so I send everyone to their own room, or bed, as the case may be before I save.
    Little things like this are just so lovable with these games. :)
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    I have had my share of sitting around in taverns listening to rumours in the northlands trilogy.
    That reminds me, I've still got to finish that game. Now if only I can find my notes...

On the topic of Baldur's Gate I am not sure you would be able to create the desired atmosphere very easily with the provided graphics.

What Baldur's Gate really needs is an animated TV show. I'm currently chuckling to the idea of having this show being a complete troll, only showing the characters as they visit a tavern and tell the tales of their adventures, but never showing the adventures themselves.
    In a later episode, you could recognize that the armor one of them is wearing has changed. "I know what beast they had to slay for that prize", you will think, shortly wondering whether the battle was of as epical proportions as you recall it from your own games, but all you're getting to hear is Jaheira complaining about Imoen's shenanigans. A petite elven maid is trying to hit on Xan, but he only shows her a face with empty eyes that tell her a tale of futility and doom. At the same time the PC is laying her hands around Xan, with a completely different expression on her face: "Walk away, wench, this one's mine!"
    From a different corner Minsc can suddenly be heard explaining to a little boy how to properly swing a two handed sword +3. It is difficult to say whether the boy wants to run away from him but is too scared to move or is actually fascinated by his tales of what sort of critters this sword has already cut down and how one would best grip it to slay even more.
    Finally, with the arrival of a different adventure group, it seems to be the time for the exchange of stories. But first the characters need to order new ale and food and Minsc has to relieve himself behind the tavern, and then there is a little barfight between people you don't care about and who will never appear again except for the next bar-fight, and as everybody finally settles down the episode suddenly ends with a big "To Be Continued" silently filling out the entire screen.