Skip to content

Does removing an NPC for a while mess up their quests in BG2? (Anomen and Jaheira in particular?)

Spolilers below...

Hopefully my questions aren't too annoying... I've only played through BG2 halfway before starting over through the series. This (with my monk) will be my one playthrough, although I may go back and finish with my f/c dwarf.

I want to do the bulk of things and probably finish with the following party:
Monk (my character)
Mazzy
Anomen
Jaheira
Nalia then Imoen
Neera

I previously did Neera's romance with the dwarf, so now I want to go all the way through Jaheira's. I also want to finish all of Rasaad's quests in SOA and TOB, and to be able to take on other NPC's during quests they make logical sense for, including Valygar and Keldorn (who will be left with his family this time). When you drop characters for a time does that mess up romance or quest times or triggers? Anomen and Jaheira are two I think about rotating out temporarily, but I worry about messing up her romance and quest, and messing up his quest and the chance to turn him good, more in line with my party, and more useful (wisdom).

Also, if I do Rasaad's quest somewhat quick in SOA and then let him and Keldorn sit out, are they available for rotations in TOB? Are they stuck at their same levels as when I left them in SOA?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gnaumiecgnaumiec Member Posts: 62
    I believe dropping Jaheira will permanently end the romance. Not sure about Anomen and his quest. You could just keep him in the party until you finish his quest and then rotate him out.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Rasaad and Keldorn will be available in ToB, and I believe they're leveled up to ToB equivalent (as well as given some new toys).

I'm pretty sure if you're not romancing him, you can drop Anomen as you wish and retake him with his quest going as normal (however, he has to be in your party while time is passing for the triggers for his quest to show up). Jaheira, on the other hand, is a no go. Even if you're not romancing her, if you drop her after the Harper Hold has... er... met it's end at your hand, she absolutely flips like a slighted girlfriend and storms off forever more (though you can grab her in ToB). If you're in a relationship with her, the freak out is even worse.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Twani - I love the way you characterize Jaheira's responses to being left out. LOL. Had me laughing. But it is true. Don't jilt her, ever....
  • bjornebjorne Member Posts: 32
    Thanks @Twani‌ and @gnaumiec‌ . I appreciate the feedback.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    All romances break if you boot them from the party.