Skip to content

Been trying to kill Tahazzar for DAYS!

I'm in Watcher's Keep in the maze and I'm trying to kill Tahazzar for Karashur. For the life of me, I can't kill Tahazzar. I've tried so many different things, but every time I kill the succubus in the room she respawns, or if I kill one of the three Glabrezu, they respawn too. How the hell do I win this fight? Any tips or tricks are more than appreciated - been trying for about four days.

If the glabrezu weren't in the room I could probably do it. But they're magic resistant, have a shit load of hp and are hasted. I read online you have to do a Protect from Evil spell, but it doesn't work for me. Even after Aerie casts that spell, they still attack. Anyone know any other tricks for getting around glabrezu's and killing Tahazzar?

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    For specific advice, it may be helpful to know who is in your party and what level they are.

But in general, most fights in ToB go like this for me:

Mages 1 & 2 cast project image + SI:divination. Mage 1 casts Time Stop (if available), Improved alacrity, and then debuffs the whole room and drops a Horid Wilting or two. Mage two casts Time Stop and casts Improved Haste and Mass Invisibilty on the fighters.

Fighters use critical strike ability or hardiness if the mobs hit hard.

When time resumes, the fighters pretty much take everything down in a few rounds while the mages debuff as needed.
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    Blinkk said:

...I read online you have to do a Protect from Evil spell, but it doesn't work for me. Even after Aerie casts that spell, they still attack...

Once they're aggro'ed on your party, PfE cast thereafter does not make you "invisible" to them again. I do not know if it's supposed to be that way, but that's been my experience.
  • BlinkkBlinkk Member Posts: 25
    nosecret said:

Blinkk said:

...I read online you have to do a Protect from Evil spell, but it doesn't work for me. Even after Aerie casts that spell, they still attack...

Once they're aggro'ed on your party, PfE cast thereafter does not make you "invisible" to them again. I do not know if it's supposed to be that way, but that's been my experience.
    thanks, this helped a lot. I didn't get a chance to buff up before entering (the previous area is a de-spell area) so all my buffs had to be done in battle. I guess I was using the wrong buffs. I finally beat him yesterday thank god.
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    JLee said:

For specific advice, it may be helpful to know who is in your party and what level they are.

But in general, most fights in ToB go like this for me:

Mages 1 & 2 cast project image + SI:divination. Mage 1 casts Time Stop (if available), Improved alacrity, and then debuffs the whole room and drops a Horid Wilting or two. Mage two casts Time Stop and casts Improved Haste and Mass Invisibilty on the fighters.

Fighters use critical strike ability or hardiness if the mobs hit hard.

When time resumes, the fighters pretty much take everything down in a few rounds while the mages debuff as needed.

THAT...is genius. Kudos.