Skip to content

Modding tools for HLAs?

GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
edited November 2014 in General Modding
Tweaking shifters, would love to give them a werewolf form on par with existing HLA elemental forms. What is the best tool for editing HLA's out there that doesn't require a coding background?
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'd recommend getting NearInfinity. The thing you gotta do is edit a copy (right click over the file and select "make copy of", then name it, but mind that the name should be like LU***.2DA, and *** is where you gotta put only three characters) of the LUDR0.2DA file and then the LUABBR.2DA to give that table to the Shapeshifters (because they are actually using the same as vanilla druids) by changing the line that says SHAPESHIFTER DR0 by SHAPESHIFTER [***] (where *** is the same name you gave the LU***.2DA file you copied from the LUDR0.2DA.
  • GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
    Holy crap... I think I understood that. Thanks Crev! Don't suppose you have a way to make the undispellable flag on items work with the enhanced editions? Human hands on a werewolf is weird.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Don't suppose you have a way to make the undispellable flag on items work with the enhanced editions?

Nope. I am not even sure if items in the magical slot get dispelled in the EE by default like there were with BG2+TobEx.