Skip to content

List of the immunities of powerful monsters??

mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
How do I know what uber powerful monsters are immune it what? For example, I saw recently that Demogorgon is apparently immune to spells below level 7 - how in god's name should I be able to know that without looking it up online? Secondly, is there a list somewhere with all of this information?

I would love seeing a chart that shows what monsters are completely immune to backstab, spell levels, charm, level drain, etc.

Also, while we're on the subject - does Soul Reaver's on-hit THACO reduction actually work against all monsters, or are some immune? Does it only work if the hit does damage? And does Gram the Sword of Grief actually drain levels, or are most ToB monsters just immune to level drain? Does the Answerer really reduce AC and MR?

I'm throwing a lot of questions out there, but the general point is that immunity information is really, really hard to find all in one spot.

Comments

• mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
    Nobody?
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    mforww said:

Nobody?

Nobody.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Let me give it a try.

Immunity to :

fire - fire elementals, efreeti , red dragons ,fire giants , fire trolls, certains kinds of wraith .
    cold - undead , ice trolls
    acid - ???

level drain - As far as I know, only bosses are immune to level drain.

thac0 drain - Someone with Near Infinity should check what kind of drain is attached to the sword , and see if other creatures are immune to it.

magic resistant - skeleton warriors, slimes, drow , golems, mind flayers, strong demons. Genies and yuan ti have low MR .

Magic Immunity : Demiliches are immune to magic. Rakshasa are immune to 5th level spells or lower.

Mind spells : undead.

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Demiliches are and aren't immune to magic. In other words, you can hurt them with Melf's Minute Meteors and Energy Blades.

If you've played D&D, AD&D or somesuch, you should be able to figure out what is resistant or immune to what. If not, pay attention and use logic. Like, a fire elemental is not likely to be hurt by what it is.
  • mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
    Soooo.. does anyone know what Demogorgon is actually immune to other than spells below level 7? Can he be slowed/blinded/polymorphed/backstabbed, etc.?
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    mforww said:

Soooo.. does anyone know what Demogorgon is actually immune to other than spells below level 7? Can he be slowed/blinded/polymorphed/backstabbed, etc.?

I'm pretty sure he can be Breached, so no. That said, attacking him with spells seems like the wrong way to go. I feel like it's just a lot easier to buff up your own fighters to take him in melee, while ignoring his mooks. That worked shockingly well the one time I fought him.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    It is actually a little easier to list what he *isn't* immune to rather than the other way around. He has only slight resistance to physical damage and is completely vulnerable to acid. If you want to lower his innate magic resistance then use Pierce Magic or Pierce Shield--Lower Resistance won't work. Don't waste your time on first- or second-level spells--he is immune.

Your best bet at taking him down is to use a fighter/mage (of some sort) and use Anti-Magic Shell or a scroll of Protection from Magic then Whirlwind or Greater Whirlwind him to death. Make sure your weapon is at least +3--he is immune to anything less...but it is highly unlikely you have anything less than that by the time you get there. I recommend The Answerer if you can get it first but if not then anything which does extra damage to evil and/or extraplanar beings is good to use.

I keep meaning to test this but I have always wanted to try some form of giant strength + whirlwind + Impaler. The extra 10 points of piercing damage per attack could result in massive damage in a short amount of time. *shrug*
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    noober is immune to hold animal
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited August 2014
    mforww said:

He is also immune to Time Stop. Learned that one the hard way :O

I'm pretty sure he can be Breached, so no. That said, attacking him with spells seems like the wrong way to go. I feel like it's just a lot easier to buff up your own fighters to take him in melee, while ignoring his mooks. That worked shockingly well the one time I fought him.

I do the same thing. IH dual wield fighters with critical strike, THW fighter use GWW, mages debuff with breach, pierce shield.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Once I killed him with HLA Traps ... from my bard.

And I swore never to do that cheesiness again.