Skip to content

A few Mod Questions

DonkDonk Member Posts: 12
Greetings all!

I have a clean install of BGIIEE and am about to commence installing mods but before I do so I'd like to double check a few things to make sure I don't mess this up and have to start all over again.

I am going to be using mods from the list posted by user LiamEsler at this site on the forums http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1

I will be using the mods from that list because I am very new to modding (never made any and still learning how to apply them to the game) and according to that post I should apply them in the order they're listed. I will use the top six mods on the list along with two or three others from further down the list.

What I would like to know is, is there any other software I need to apply first, aside from making sure my game is up to date (latest patches) prior to installing these mods? More specifically, I have some mods installed for Skyrim and in order to make them work I needed to get three other programs:

* Nexus Mod Manager
* Generate FNIS for Users
* BOSS

Seeing as Skyrim required that assisting software for it's mods, does that mean there's assisting software I will need, and have not yet found or identified, for these BGIIEE mods? Seeing as I understand many of the BG2EE mods had to be re-worked for EE it seems logical (to a total novice) that something else might be required.

Thanks for taking the time to read my lengthy question,
much appreciated.

Comments

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Nah. Unlike the Bethseda games, you don't need any other software for installing BG mods. Well, mods are installed by Weidu, but every mod will have that included with it. You'll just click on the setup-MODNAME file to install them.
  • DonkDonk Member Posts: 12
    Twani, thank you for your response. After my initial searching online I had the idea to search for posts from people who had ran into issues along the lines of what I was concerned about.

Upon noting no responses directing players to get supporting software I decided to risk it and begin the installation process of my elected mods and I'm pleased to report it appears to have all been a success.