Skip to content

Fully voiced BGEE and BGEE2

POWERFOOLPOWERFOOL Member Posts: 8
edited August 2014 in General Modding
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if someone could answer a couple of quick questions. I'd really appreciate it.

I was wondering... If say someone(me) was to attempt to voice all of the unvoiced dialog in the game, including every non-essential NPC. How would I go about doing that? How would I implement my voice into the game and to match to the dialog shown on the screen? Also would it be possible to voice item descriptions. So that my voice would play once the item description is open?

If my question are not clear enough, please let me know and I'll try and explain better.

Thank you in advance!
Post edited by POWERFOOL on
Illustair

Comments

• POWERFOOLPOWERFOOL Member Posts: 8
    Or if someone could point me in the general direction to get started. I'd really appreciate it.

I'm highly motivated to do this. The amount of dialog is not a problem. Rather getting audio to play, during a conversation and for each response.
    Illustair
    My motivation dwindles *sigh* -_-
  • jcomptonjcompton Member Posts: 157
    It's an impossibly large task, but in theory, yes, you could voice every line of dialogue in the game. It would require a slightly-clever WeiDU script to apply an audio tag to every previously-unvoiced line of text. (You could do it by hand, but with tens of thousands of lines, you shouldn't.) Then you'd sit down and record and edit those tens of thousands of voice clips and the game will play them out of override. Impractical, but possible.

Getting the engine to play text for item descriptions is impossible in the classic game, no idea if anything changed in EE.
    Erg
    jcompton said:

It's an impossibly large task, but in theory, yes, you could voice every line of dialogue in the game. It would require a slightly-clever WeiDU script to apply an audio tag to every previously-unvoiced line of text. (You could do it by hand, but with tens of thousands of lines, you shouldn't.) Then you'd sit down and record and edit those tens of thousands of voice clips and the game will play them out of override. Impractical, but possible.

Getting the engine to play text for item descriptions is impossible in the classic game, no idea if anything changed in EE.

Thank you for responding. I think I have the idea of how to attach a sound file to dialog, but I don't know where the dialog files are and how to extract / construct them. I'm using BGEE at min and was hoping to make the modifications for that version, rather than the older original BG1&2.