Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is the iPad version of BG:EE a good introduction to the BG series?

Or should I choose the PC version? I'm really tempted to get the iPad version, because I carry my iPad almost everywhere, but I have read that there are some problems with the touch. Mainly I read because the game was made to be played with mouse/keyboard combo that it doesn't translate that well to touchscreen.

Can you give me your opinion? Is it worth it?

Currently my experience with a PC game converted to iPad was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, which translated quite beautifully to iPad (with the only exception for me being the swoop race minigame).

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    No, it works fine. It's the same game, and the touch problem are pretty specific. There are a few annoying things, such as scrolling, pinpoint positioning and separating stacks, but it's pretty clever for the most part. If you think your going to get both anyway then I guess it doesn't matter, but if you don't want to spend the extra money than the iPad version works fine.
    Pibaro
  • Luke93Luke93 Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2014
    The iPad version of the game works pretty fine.... Even if some slowdowns may occur if you're using an old device ( i.e. the iPad 2). As far as I can tell, there are some noticeable slowdowns when the following spells are cast:
    — striking cloud;
    — cloudkill;
    — color spray.
    Pibaro
  • SnowstoneSnowstone Member Posts: 18
    For now I only intend to get one version of the game. If I enjoyed it, I might end up buying BG2:EE, and maybe even get either the Steam version and/or the GOG classic version.

I have an iPad Air, so I'm guessing I shouldn't get slow downs. Are there automatic saves? Either every X minutes, and/or if I put the game in the background for some reason?
  • Luke93Luke93 Member Posts: 428
    @Snowstone‌
    There are automatic saves when you exit some big areas or enter some specific buildings....
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,940
    I have an iPad 2, and I always quicksave before putting the game in background, because if I use some app, the game won't resume.
    But if you're going to play BG for the forst time, rmemeber the 1st rule. Save every time you can!!!!

I love the iPad BGEE, and if you are an iPad user, I strongly suggest to buy the iPad version of both games.
    JuliusBorisovLuke93