Skip to content

How do I kill the planetar of justice?

I even tried killing Dorn and that didn't help. I am stuck. I cannot move on to anything because this planetar keeps showing up. How do I move forward?

Comments

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Dorn needs to be alive for you to defeat the planetar, first of all.

In general, you just need to do enough damage to her with Dorn alive in the party, and then she runs after threatening you in to a portal.

If that doesn't work, Dorn's death variable may be bugged. Or something else may be bugged. Anything can be bugged, really. Upload your save, and someone who is smarter than I will likely take a look at it.
  • MalgathMalgath Member Posts: 7
    Did anyone crack that problem? I must drop Dorn otherwise this bug becomes game stopping
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    You could download the mod Fight the Heavens, and do Dorn's ToB quest without him.
    Dorn’s quest without Dorn for me is a no for the experience reason, I never played this quest, last evil playthrough was 8 years ago and it was solo . It’s probably my last chance to play with Dorn.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The conditions needed to win that fight and make the planetar leave:
    - All of the planetar's allies are dead.
    - The planetar is beaten down to under 10 HP.
    - Dorn is alive.

Once these conditions are met, the planetar talks to you, creates the portal, and escapes. The remainder of the quest ensues.

So - kill the allies first, then beat down the planetar. And keep Dorn alive.

That script also has a tracking variable "ohd_planetar" associated with it; this should be 3 when she talks to you initially, 4 during the fight, 5 for a brief moment when she talks at the end, 6 during her escape, and 7 once she's gone.

... Huh. That's kind of a weird possibility. The planetar has a vorpal sword. If she kills Dorn with the vorpal effect, chunking him, the fight becomes permanently unwinnable. But despite her target being dead, she sticks around to kill you and your party.
    Not a true lock, because you can just leave the area; I'm pretty sure it won't pop up again with Dorn out of the party.
    All the conditions are met, I'm pounding that planetar for 5 minutes, clearly a script initiating a dialog does not trigger, probably the one You mention.

How can I force that variable to 5?
    I tried looking with EE Keeper for that tracking variable "ohd_planetar", but it's not there or maybe it's a different one. Was hoping to find it and during the fight set it to 5. Im running out of ideas. Actually I have no idea what to do next, it seems Dorn's quest will not be completed. Interesting that even if I drop Dorn in pocket plane I still get that encounter-forced area- with Planetar...but without actual Planetar and his allies spawning.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    That tracking variable isn't a global variable. It's local to the area, which puts it in a different part of the save and I'm not sure EEKeeper can get to it at all. (Not that I can test, since I'm not sure whether a version of EEKeeper that can run on my current system exists at all.)

The forced encounter area is weird, since the trigger to cause it is in Dorn's script. I'm not sure what's going on with that.