Skip to content

Imoen not dual-classed

Not sure if I'm supposed to post here or in the modding section (bought the game on gog.com, and per their recommendation, installed both Baldur's Gate II Fixpack and Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU 1.18.).

Ever since looking at strategy guides for Imoen from BG1, I noticed people saying that she is dual-classed in BG2. BG2 strategy guides seem to imply the same.

I just got Imoen from Spellhold (about to be hunted by Bhodi) and she is not dual-classed, she is only a thief (level 12). Is this a known bug? I don't mind dual-classing her now, but wouldn't that mean she would be a level 1 mage? According to the other guides, she should be, on average, a level 7 thief/level 11 mage by the time I get her.

I was planning on leaving her in Athkala once we get back (had Yoshi with me, so I could take her back) - but then started feeling sorry for her and thought I'd drop Jan in favour of her. But with no mage levels as of yet, it seems she won't be of much use.

Comments

• iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    edited August 2014
    Umm is your game modded or vanilla? That is very odd... if I were you I'd use eekeeper to fix her... though you are going to have to buy a ton of scrolls...

Edit: Or you could just go through the game with her as a thief that can level as one XD since the only other thieves that can do that are either multiclassed, Yoshimo, or Hexxat...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    When you ended BG1 was she dual classed? I haven't played trilogy but it could be that it just carries on acting as though she is a single class.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I'd guess it's BGT causing it, and that it's up to you to dual class :)
  • AnrieAnrie Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2014
    I was thinking the same thing - although it's doesn't make sense that Jaheira and Minsc get other stats, etc, but Imoen remains the same. Oh well, guess I'll stick with Jan and Aerie then.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    That is why I use the make their stats consistent part of that mod. Though its been a while since I've played Trilogy since I can never get the transfer to actually work...