Skip to content

Where is the patch for BG2 IOS?!?

greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
I haven't played bg2 ee since it was released, waiting for a patch.....

Came back to the forum now after 9 months and nothing.... absolutely nothing.

Can someone link me to a RECENT post where they talk about IOS patch and when it's gonna get released. Since icewind dale is on their plans, their whole "little manpower" is not true anymore.

EDIT: See Dee's response

Thanks
Post edited by greenfish on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The BGII:EE patch is actually quite close to being complete as far as the development work that needed to be done on it. The IWD:EE announcement doesn't interfere with the patch's timeline.
    greenfishJuliusBorisov
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    Dee said:

The BGII:EE patch is actually quite close to being complete as far as the development work that needed to be done on it. The IWD:EE announcement doesn't interfere with the patch's timeline.

Hi Dee!

So i'm assuming you will submit the patch to apple for screening soon then?

Thanks for the prompt reply!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We'll submit it to Apple as soon as we're ready to release it; a lot of code-based fixes need to be tested first, but we're getting there.

Now that the BG:EE 1.3 patch is out we have more resources to devote to finishing it.
    greenfishCrevsDaakelminsterJuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the updates Dee, much appreciated.
    Hmm it's almost november now.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @greenfish‌ the patch is done from a development point of view (confirmed in other threads). Beta testing will start shortly. Hang in there :)
    JuliusBorisovgreenfish
    Thanks bro, glad to hear
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Keep in mind that beta testing may or may not last a long time. BG:EE 1.3 was in beta for 6 months or so.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    My guess is that this will not be the case. Im not sure if im allowed to say exact details due the nda i signed but the iwd beta took significantly less time than the beta i did for their android release and 1.3 patch for bgee. My guess is also that most of the heavy lifting for this patch was done and tested by the team already thanks to bgee 1.3 and iwd. I think one month maybe 2 is a more realistic time frame than 6 months once the beta gets out of internal testing and before its final.
    I know the team has been doing an external beta for bg1 on linux right now and also has post release support for IWD, as well as an adroid beta release for bg2ee to be done simultaneously with the bg2ee 1.3 beta still on their plate likely in addition to unknown projects. I know they also have aspirations to bring bg2ee to linux as well so they still have more projects than just bg2's updating.

Atlease now bg1.3 and the iwd multiplatform beta/development/launch are off their plate so they will have some more resourses to spread to their remaining projects... namely bg2 1.3 and bg2 android which should be next (followed by bg linux i believe)... but its just supposition.

Let iwd simmer for a short time and we should see bg2 be tabbed next for an update and additional platform.
  • FastjackFastjack Member Posts: 4
    would be good to get the toolbar bug fixed