Skip to content

[Request] Demon Knight Kit from Revised Battles v6.3

ortofortof Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in General Modding
http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/655-revised-battles-v63/

DEMON KNIGHT: Humans which have been consumed by the taint of Demonic blood and are twisted into corruption, making their actions and powers resemble those of a Demon. As a Demon Knight gains experience he or she gains many abilities that other demons have. A few examples are great resistance towards fire and magic as well as being able to determine which plane he is in.

Advantages:
- Immune to fear and morale failure.
- Immune to hold.
- 40% resistance to fire.
- 12th level: Becomes immune to Maze.
- 15th level: Can summon a demon to aid in battle once per day.
- 21st level: Becomes immune to Imprisonment.
- Gains two points of magic resistance per level from level 1 to 20 (i.e. 40% at lv.20).
- Can cast Demonic Fear one time per day for every 4 levels (starts at 1st level with one use): All enemies within the area of effect when this spell is cast must save vs. spells or flee in terror.
- Can cast Inner Sight one time per day for every 4 levels: When this spell is cast, an area roughly 70 feet in radius around the caster will be affected. Instantly and once each round for 1 turn after this spell is cast, all hostile illusion/phantasm spells in the area of effect will be dispelled.
- Can cast Fire Shield Red one time per day for every 8 levels (starts at 1st level with one use).
- Can get Aura of Flaming Death as a high level ability.

Disadvantages:
- May not specialize in weapons other than Two-Handed Swords, Bastard Swords, Long Swords and Halberds.
- Must have a Chaotic Evil alignment.
- May not become proficient in the 'Sword and Shield' style.
- May not dual-class.
- Must be Human.
- Maximum wisdom and charisma scores of 8.
- Cannot use ranged weapons.

I tested this kit recently on my vanilla BG 2 install.. And from what I could tell it worked fine. I could still place 5 points in Two-Handed Swords, Bastard Swords, Long Swords and Halberds. I'm unsure if it was supposed to be only 2 points for balance originally(although yes I know the kit is quite powerful anyway)

I could still use range weapons, but not place any points into them.

I did not get far enough in TOB to test whether or not Aura of flaming death could actually be picked at level up.

Dual-class,human and ability/stat restrictions seemed to work as intended.

Either way I was wondering if anyone could extract, update and make this kit playable on BG2EE. Depending on how difficult or time consuming it is. Or if it's at all possible to do it.

I think the original mod author and the person who uploaded the mod on SHforums is long gone. No activity in years from his user profile.

There are other components beside the Demon Knight, but I have not tested any of those.
Post edited by ortof on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Open the Setup-RevisedBattles.tp2 (with Notepad++, CONText or a similar light text editor) and, right *after* this code:
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Demon Knight Kit
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    BEGIN @7303
    AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~VIEW RevisedBattles\README-RevisedBattles.html~

COPY ~RevisedBattles/demon/lub#d.2da~ ~override/lub#d.2da~
    ~RevisedBattles/demon/copy~ ~override~

COPY ~RevisedBattles/demon/spl/b#dfear.spl~ ~override/b#dfear.spl~
    SAY NAME1 @4024 SAY NAME2 @4024

COPY ~RevisedBattles/demon/spl/b#dsum.spl~ ~override/b#dsum.spl~
    SAY NAME1 @4025 SAY NAME2 @4025

COPY ~RevisedBattles/demon/spl/b#dinvis.spl~ ~override/b#dinvis.spl~
    SAY NAME1 @4026 SAY NAME2 @4026

COMPILE ~RevisedBattles/demon/baf~

ADD_KIT ~B#DEMON~

//CLASWEAP.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1~

//WEAPPROF.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 5 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 5 5 1 1 5 1 1 1 1 1 1 5 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 3 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5~

//ABCLASRQ.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 13 13 0 0 0 0~

//ABCLSMOD.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 0 0 0 0 -10 -10~

//ABDCDSRQ.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 0 0 0 0 0 0~

//ABDCSCRQ.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 0 0 0 0 0 0~

//ALIGNMNT.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1~

//DUALCLAS.2DA
    ~B#DEMON 0 0 0 0 0 0~

//abilities see clabrn02.2da for eg.
    ~RevisedBattles/demon/b#demon.2da~

//KITTABLE.2DA, BDEMON only Human
    ~K_F_H~

//KITLIST.2DA
    ~0x00000001 2~

//High Level Ability Abbreviation, see LUABBR.2DA
    ~B#D~

//TOB starting equipment list, see 25STWEAP.2DA
    ~PLAT05 * HELM07 BAG28 RING02 RING06 CLCK26 BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC10 BELT02 * * * POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 MISC3P HALB05 SW2H08~

//strings -> lower, mixed and help descriptions
    SAY @4021
    SAY @4022
    SAY @4023
    (it's pass the middle of the file) copy/paste (just paste it two lines under the "SAY @4023") this code:

INCLUDE "fl#add_ee_kit.tpa"

LAF "fl#add_kit_ee"
    STR_VAR kit_name = ~B#DEMON~
    END
    Get the newest WeiDU version from here: http://weidu.org and copy the file in WeiDU/lib/fl#add_kit_ee which is named fl#add_kit_ee.tpa to the main game folder (where the CHITIN.KEY is located), your going to need it, also, copy the weidu.exe from the weidu/ folder and rename it setup-revisedbattles.exe, delete the original setup-revisedbattles.exe, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ortofortof Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Did you manage to get the kit to install using the instructions provided by Crev? I still haven't had any success, but it might be something on my end.

Yeah ideally the kit might be rebalanced on a few levels. Like unable to attain grand mastery.

I think the human and particularly dual class restrictions make sense though. It's already a fighter on steroids and a few extra spells. Why should he be allowed to dual class?

The other restrictions on particular weapons, I don't know.

I think the author meant to base the kit on Tanar'ri since you can summon a http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Glabrezu

And that particular race seems chaotic or neutral evil by their very nature. Hence the alignment restriction. That's just my opinion though.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Sergio‌ try looking here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34119 for instructions about kits & the EE's engine.