Skip to content

Black Pits 2: what are the best practices? [aka "Do I really have to beg for stuff?!"]

So, I just started BP2. I consider restarting with a less-roleplay, more power-game party, as it will likely be a challenge for my no-reload attempt. So, without spoilers, I'd like to ask:

- What are the consequences of defying the audience or the pit boss? Must I really *beg* for stuff consistently? [I've seen the list, which includes stuff like Carsomyr given to you!] Do you get supporters if you are not a suck-up!?

- Is there any point to a thief? [Other discussions said no, but there ARE locks in no-cast areas. So, which one is it?]

- Can one succeed in a single-fight playthrough (i.e. not repeating any fights at all)?

- Does you alignment or actually attitude (heroic vs villainous) make a difference? How does it interact with the stuff you receive (see first question).

Thanks!

Comments

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2014
    Before each fight, you get the choice to either suck up to, insult, or refuse to address the audience. You should choose one of the first two and do it consistently, for the best loot.

You can do a single-fight playthrough, the cash rewards for a second attempt are negligible. Further tries do give you more chances to score uber items, but you can just bomb through to the end with whatever random items you get on the first try. I prefer the second approach, but it helps if you've played the levels before. Given I was a beta tester, I was eventually blasting through fights that on the first try utterly owned me.

EDIT For ALL teh Lootz, you should replay each fight until you have received TWO rewards for that fight.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You don't *need* any of the "gift" items to win the game, but they do help. I usually don't bother with them, lol.

There is "any point" to a thief, but one's not needed.

You can easily succeed not repeating any fights; I never repeat fights...