Skip to content

Romances

DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
I have been googling this so find an answer, but they are all very contradictory, so I will ask here instead.

Does anyone know which NPCs will be avaible to romance? On the new character pages only the girl is said to have an "engaging romance". This makes me very sad to be honest. Two new males, one female and only the latter is up for romance? Will this be like BG2 where you have several females to romance and one dude?

How do others feel about this? Romance was the biggest thing to be improved on from BG1 to BG2 for me, I wish the team does more in this area.

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    well, they want to bring the 3 new chars into part two so i think it will be a slow romance. I don't mind that at all though, and i'm curious as to if i'm going to hit it off with the female as i'm not going to play a female and not going to have a bi/gay romance. So for me it will be either hit or miss.

But one of the things i always loved about bioware was the romance aspect of the games. I'm also curious if they'll add more females to part 2 or if these 3 are all we'll get for the trilogy?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    All three of the new NPCs will be romance options according to Trent Oster, and since they'll be appearing in BG2:EE as well, you could potentially continue the same romance throughout the entire series. There have also been hints that in addition to Dorn, Neera and Rasaad, BG2:EE will include additional new characters, so who knows. :)
    i'm glad to hear that they're hoping to include more, but i guess it depends on how well bgee sells and how big the budget. I also assume they're going to need a break for about a week after release lol. Spend some time with their families and such. Just wish i could actually do something to help out on the project but i think i got in too late as i only found out about this game maybe a month ago.
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    Well that is good news. Still, I can't help but feel abit unfunny about the female being the easiest to romance.

Have they said anything about romance with already existing NPCs? hint hint Ajantis. hehehehe.
    @DREAMINGVIKS they're not allowed to change any existing content, only add to it in small ways. Such as new chars where they can do what they want, or have existing chars comment on new areas but they won't be voiced. So nope, i doubt it.
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    too bad :(
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    So what, no Bromances?
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    They'll all be romancable, and I do remember Trent Oster saying that the only reason that Neera is put as the only romancable and romance isn't listed in the males is because at the time of posting the new content, the romance portions of the males weren't finished.

I believe this was said on twitter... or maybe it was here, I'm a slight bit hard pressed to remember such trivialities, but I think if you follow Trent on Twitter, there's little tidbits of information that you'll uncover that way.