Skip to content

Can't Install Sword Coast Stratagems AI Components

Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum, so I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct place to start this discussion.

Well, getting straight to the point, I'm not able to install many components of SCS on my BG2EE install. Mostly AI related ones, with a few others such as the "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" component. I have no other mods currently, and I have the latest version of the game and weidu installed. I installed the game through the BeamDog client, and I previously had no problems installing mods.

The main problem I can pinpoint seems to be this:

ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\0dw#gen.baf]
ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\0dw#gen.baf]!

And I also get this:

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "stratagems_external/workspace\\ssl_out\\0dw#gen.baf")

I've been able to find a few people with similar problems, and the suggestions I got were to downgrade weidu to v234, or installing the game on a 32 bit windows. I'm not able to reproduce either of those fixes, as I have no 32 bits windows available, and I have not been able to find v234 of weidu. I'm not familiar with weidu, so I can't really make out what those errors mean, or why those "fixes" would work.

If there's any files I can post to help please ask.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This mod is looking absolutely amazing, and I never played it in the original BG2 out of fear for my sanity (had some really bad experiences with Improved Sendai back in the day). But right now I just can't imagine playing the game without that Improved Dragons component. =P