Skip to content

simple cure for restartitis

There is a simple cure for restartitis:

- don't adjust (+/-) ability scores at character generation (i.e. your character *will* have flaws; re-roll if you must, just don't adjust)
- play no-reload (preferably with SCS AI)

Every run will keep you at the edge of your seat.
(And you *will* restart many times due to death.)
When (if!) you ever finish, you will feel two inches taller.

[I recently finished BGEE for the first time -- and moved on to BG2EE with my Fighter/Mage. It was my 8th attempt with EE version. The satisfaction is incomparable!]

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    That's a bit like treating a heroin addiction with cocaine. Sure you stop shooting up, but it doesn't "Necessarily" put you in a better place.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Well, I didn't say cure for game-playing itself: assuming you are gonna spend a certain amount of playtime anyway, we are merely trying to not waste it on restarts of perfectly good playthroughs.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Darn. Forgot my :Sarcasm: tags.... Ah well.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Well... that could be effective!
    We have some serious cases here!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Isn't the "simple cure for restartitis" to play the darn game and stick at it until you've finished instead of just faffing about?

Incidentally, I'm not sure whether or not I count as having restartitis; I guess it's a matter of definitions. On the one hand, I roll up far more characters than I have time to play, and store them if I reckon they'll be good to play ... but on the other hand, when I actually get around to taking one out of storage and playing, I take it right through from start-BG1 to end-BG2. Is that restartitis, because I'm always rolling up a new character? Or not restartitis, because I do actually get the game finished once I've got one going? I'm not sure which way to count it.
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    If you assume that we will die and restart several times due to no reload, doesn't the alleged cure loops back to restartitis anyway?