Skip to content

Inventory paper dolls/character avatars

RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I'm just wonder if @TrentOster would be interested in doing improved character avatar/paper dolls for the BG:EE inventory. I always found it a bit disappointing that when you checked the inventory to equip new armours and weapons that you can acquire the art of the paper doll made them all look fairly the same. What made it more disappointing was when you would click on the armour and see a great piece of art that represented them and the paper doll just didn't do it justice. I'm just wondering if we can get more detailed avatars in the inventory, ones that show better representations of the armour and equipment instead of a change between different colours of armours lacking detail.

I know that there will be no big redo of the characters and enemies in main game itself, but I wonder if it's possible to upgrade these at least.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    1PP mod is going to be implemented into Enhanced Edition. It basically ports paperdolls from BG1.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    That's a shame. I was hoping Beamdog would at least be able to redo these and show the armours closer to how they looked in the item description menu.
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    This is the one thing I am disappointed with BG:EE. I hope with BG3 they upgrade the graphics enough to do detailed armor and faces. Now I'm not saying a full 3d camera because BG wouldn't be the same without an isometric viewpoint. I do at least want some detailed armor as it would distinguish characters a little more.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm recomending to see "List of things that can't be done".
    Besides, it's not a brand-new game. It's enhanced edition. Old, kickass game re-relased to be even more kickass.
  • Washcloth_RepairmanWashcloth_Repairman Member Posts: 35
    Can't be done, sadly. We wish it could, and so do the Devs, but it can't.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Keep this in mind if they ever ask, "what should we do with BG3" ;)
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305

1PP mod is going to be implemented into Enhanced Edition. It basically ports paperdolls from BG1.

Sort of. Except all the helmets are strange versions of BG2 counterparts.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    IchigoRXC said:

Keep this in mind if they ever ask, "what should we do with BG3" ;)

Good idea. Though personally I would mind if it went 3D, but still played just like the previous Baldur's Gate, like keep the fixed tactical camera and the interface and gameplay the same, but have the characters and maps in 3D.
  • josefa0210josefa0210 Member Posts: 2
    like the inventory screen of icewind dale 2, i like that inventory, paper doll has animation, it can be rotated.