Skip to content

Aerie's post-Ravager talk won't trigger?

I'm near the end and I killed the Ravager, and Aerie will inch in my direction, her music will start, and her circle around her character model grows and shrinks, like when you talk.

But nothing happens. She just inches forward and stops, like she's bugging out. I tried resting too, didn't do anything. I've even got enough hours of playtime in for her pregnancy timer to time out before fighting the Ravager.

Help, please?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Hmm, yes, slow-then-halting movement is a known symptom of a dialogue which is repeatedly trying to trigger but failing for some reason. Presumably some sort of glitch, but unfortunately I don't know how to fix it ... have you tried force-talking to her, instead of waiting for her to come to you? That might shake something loose, I think it has occasionally worked for me in the past.

I don't think this glitch is happening in general - in my last BG2ee run, I also followed the Aerie romance, and in my case that final dialogue worked fine.
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2014
    I did the force-talk, but it jumped straight to Aerie giving birth. IIRC, her talk after the Ravager comes before the baby... It's like the game keeps forgetting to trigger it, since the baby is based on time and you have to bet on BG's programming that it'll work.
    Post edited by contown on
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Ah yes, in my last run the baby wasn't yet due, so the post-Ravager talk worked but the baby didn't happen. Maybe the problem is that if the baby is already due, then the game is trying to trigger both dialogues at the same time - that might well produce the stalled-dialogue effect which you're seeing.
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I heard the baby took a lot of hours (60?) so I left my game on a bit, I definitely had the baby due. Huh, is there some way to bring that timer back a bit so the baby isn't due anymore?