Skip to content

Throwing dagger +... whatever.

I know there was a long conversation in this thread

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19708/rebalance-daggers/p1

about daggers. It was very long and got a little silly towards the end, and I'm going to avoid restarting that particular conversation. After all, nobody likes flogging a dead horse.

My only request is to please, please add in a throwing dagger that returns to the user's hand when thrown. I don't care what damage it does, whether it's enchanted or frankly it has the animation of a chicken being launched at the enemy, I just want this one thing which the game is sorely lacking. Roleplay wise, Imoen as a mage/thief should use a throwing dagger in my eyes. This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me it makes sense for a combination of the 2 classes.

I am a hardcore roleplayer. I even write my own journal entries throughout the game because I'm weird like that. It's just where I get my enjoyment of the game.

This would make my freaking day.

Thank you for listening.

Comments

• AhrvanasAhrvanas Member Posts: 3
    Oh, I didn't realise this wasn't a game specific forum. It's also worth mentioning that I mean for BGEE. If that wasn't obvious :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @Ahrvanas you have no idea how badly i agree on this, something needs to be done, even if they change the way of throwing daggers ( 1 lb each) which doesnt seem bad but when you are imoen with 9 str and can only hold 50 lbs, it doesnt take long to go through 40 daggers if she even carry that many with other gear she has, or if they can make some +1 throwing daggers and make it so buddy at the magic shop in bg the city there has 'em, i would be fine with that, or as you said even a non magical throwing dagger that returns ( although the chicken launcher would be AWESOME, haha that was great) but yeah, throwing daggers get a bad rep in bgee and its kind of silly, they even added new darts to the game, so doing something about the throwing daggers should be done as well
  • AhrvanasAhrvanas Member Posts: 3
    Maybe it's just me being lazy, but I absolutely can't stand having to re-equip stacks of weapons that fire really quickly. At 3ATP you burn through stacks and stacks of the damn things and suddenly Imoen the squishy mage who's a million levels lower than anything else is in melee range trying to punch everything in the nuts.

Just me?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahahaha, ah so true, although it only gives 2 attacks per round, but even then, just to finish off a whole area you can easily burn through 40-50 daggers, and the only person who sells them is taerom in beregost, which is also kind of a pain, sure you can get them from skeletons in high hedge but still
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Well, the boomerang 2 hit type is too good for BG1, but an early availability (bandit camp or earlier) returning dagger would be very convinient, even an otherwise non-magic. Hitting as +1 would be nice though.

Tbh, darts have some of the same problem, being very high apr, but at least they weigh nothing. However, no returner till Watchers! At least stun/poison darts arent hard to come by in BG1.