Skip to content

I know this might sound odd!

Sorvan76Sorvan76 Member Posts: 76
edited September 2014 in General Modding
As I'm a bit of a geek, I've often wondered what it would take to create a mod whereby you are able to play a character from a totally different genre - in either BGEE or BG2EE?

An extreme example of what I'm thinking of is somebody like Bumblebee from Transformers - please, bear with me. Lets say, for example, Bee (for whichever bizarre reason - say as an act of advanced technology/godly magic) finds himself in the Realms and is considered Bhaalspawn.

Would something like that even be technically possible?

I'm asking as somebody who doesn't know anything about how to mod the game. Just wondered if it was possible and what might be involved if so?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    I'm not really that well versed in the topic but as far as I know it would require a lot of work. You'd need to make a ton of different character sprites to show it attacking and moving around. Especially if it is to have any unique kind of ability.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can simulate some characters from other universes in bg, for example some xmen characters can be created as sorcerers, picking spells that suit their abilities:You can create Storm by picking lightning, haste and ice spells easily. Want Wolverine, pick a barbarian with 25 CON, dual wield heavily enchanted daggers and rage on. Want Robin Hood, be an archer with grandmastery in bows. Want Papa Smurf (uhh?) be a cleric/mage with 3 str and 18 wis/int and use Xvart avatar via eekeper. Create Buffy the vampire slayer as a tough blond undead hunter and slay those vampires in bg2. Etc.

I have no idea how you can simulate Bumblebee, though.
  • Sorvan76Sorvan76 Member Posts: 76
    lunar said:

I have no idea how you can simulate Bumblebee, though.

I suppose he'd have to be some type of golem. His firearms could maybe be the equivalent of magic missiles or Melf's minute meteors.