Skip to content

Possible to Cast Spells Straight From Spellbook?

Does anyone know if there is a mod available that would allow me to cast spells straight from the spellbook screen? Basically, I want to edit a sorcerer to allow him to have access to all spells in the game, and then solo the game with him (not that he would need every spell, more just because I think it would be fun to try out some spells i would never otherwise use). The problem is that it is too tedious to scroll through each page of memorized spells to find the one I am looking for when so many spells are known. It would be a lot easier to find the spell I am looking for if I could just open the spellbook and cast from that screen.

I'm guessing the answer is no, mainly because I've looked around somewhat and haven't found anything. But i figured I would give it a shot.

Thanks,

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can use quick spell slots for most used spells, and can set quick buttons from the keyboard for some spells. F for fireball, S for stoneskin etc.
  • amubakubaamubakuba Member Posts: 2
    That's actually really helpful. I knew you could use the F1 through F10 or whatever to cast from the "cast spell" screen (that wasn't all that helpful), but I didn't know you could set each spell to an individual key.

I feel kind of silly having missed that, unless it's something they added in the enhanced version (I haven't actually played BGII Enhanced yet, just vanilla).
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    amubakuba said:

I feel kind of silly having missed that, unless it's something they added in the enhanced version (I haven't actually played BGII Enhanced yet, just vanilla).

No, it's always been an option. You can set up keyboard shortcuts using the configuration menu. Pretty much every spell/action in the game can be hotkeyed.