Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Lag and Slowdowns on Mac for BGEE and BGEE2

So, I own the games both for Mac and PC, and both the original and the EE versions. I have no problems like this in the PC version. I also used to play BG1&2 on this same Mac, with no problems whatsoever.

I own a MacBook (13-inch, not Pro, late 2009). I use this machine mostly for work and during travels.

Processor 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

BGEE and BGEE2 both start normally, without any issues. After a few minutes in game, things will start to lag a bit, and there is a perceptible slowdown.

There is a small lag between the moment I click with the mouse and the game reaction. This is the same for keyboard input.

The game becomes very slow, about half speed. Even if I reload the game (or quickly exit the current game and reload without closing BG in the process), things stay slow, and only when I close the game and reopens it, it will be normal again - for the next few minutes.

Is this a common problem? Is there any fix for it?
Thanks