Skip to content

Somebody want to help me get the new BG:EE portraits into BGII:EE

QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
It seems like an oversight that they aren't already in the game. After all, it's encouraged to take your BG1 character into BGII.

So, does anybody want to help me get the new BG:EE portraits into BGII:EE? I'm well-versed in how to get custom portraits working, but I have no access to the files themselves. Could I have some help with this?

Thanks.
booinyoureyes

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I guess you could just take a screenshot. I know it seems sloppy but they're not exactly high-res in game anyway.
    booinyoureyes
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @Quartz, you can try this WeiDU mod I wrote some time ago.

Unzip in the main BG:EE folder (the one with chitin.key) and run the setup to export the portraits in the subfolder Erg_PrtExp\Exported. This mod doesn't change anything in-game and does not add a record to WeiDU.log, so you don't have to uninstall it when you are done. The current version exports only the large portraits, but you can easily resize them with any software for image editing.

The mod has only been tested with BG:EE.
    moody_magelolienbooinyoureyes
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited September 2014
    Great stuff @Erg.

It also works in reverse. Attached are all BGEE and BG2EE portraits.

Attachment removed. Portraits from the Jason Manley and Keiren Yanner portrait packs may not be posted, as they are DLCs for tablets. -J.

Post edited by Jalily on
    Erg
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Apologies @Jalily‌, as those are inclusive in the PC versions I forgot they were DLC for tablets.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2014
    I love how *I* am being made to pay the price for Beamdog's idiotic oversights.

Thanks anyway y'all.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited September 2014
    Quartz said:

Thanks anyway y'all.

> >

< <

...screenshot...
    Quartz
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Quartz said:

Thanks anyway y'all.

@Quartz, you can still download and use the WeiDU mod in my post above without breaking any rules. It doesn't contain the actual portraits, just the means to extract them from your own copy of the game.

Unless using WeiDU mods is against your religion or something :P
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Erg If you must know, it was for my sibling, not myself, who is not gonna be bothered with any form of modding.

Though truthfully I don't even know how WeiDU works anyway.
    lolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Quartz said:

Though truthfully I don't even know how WeiDU works anyway.

It's a script parser (which means it executes actions written down on a script) and BCS/DLG compiler (this means that it compiles and decompiles dialog and script files from the game).

If you're using Windows, that mod has it with it, so you don't need to do anything else but ran the setup-[modname].exe file.
    QuartzlolienErg