Skip to content

A question about Adalon

So I'm going to play Smart Evil in BG2:EE, which involves avoid pissing off the scary silver dragon in the Underdark. I'm wondering, though: is it possible to pickpocket Adalon's blood off her? I could even use Hexxat for that, a vampire stealing a few drops of dragon blood would be like a mosquito bite to Addie...

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I just created a new halfling fighter/thief, set his pick pocket to 100, jumped to Adalon's lair, and tried to use that skill on her. All that happened was that my f/t pushed her out of the way a little without obtaining any items. If I ctrl+q her I can see that she clearly has the blood in her inventory but he couldn't pilfer it. *shrug* Not possible? The "protection from backstab" opcode doesn't also grant immunity to having your pocket picked, does it?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    What about when she takes human form and teleports you to the gates? Can you snatch it off her at that point?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Dee said:

The item is specifically flagged as "Not stealable" in her inventory, so you'll need to kill her to get the blood.

Which makes sense. :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Sergio: At that stage of the game, you have very little realistic hope of defeating her - a hoard is nice, but Smart Evil is all about choosing your battles wisely.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Well, Smart Evil would 'accidentally' trip up and stab her with a sword. Then profusely apologise, immediately get the party cleric to heal the injury and helpfully offer to mop up that nasty pool of blood on the ground.