Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2 Chapter 2 question

OraldOrald Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Off-Topic
Hello,

I recently bought ID 2 from GamersGate and am in chapter 2. Have progressed from the glacier to the icy caves just outside of the Ice Temple. Found the necklace that opens the doors. My problem is that the door to the tunnel with the Queen bug does not appear, even when I press the "alt" key. All the other doors appear with a red outline when I alt. When I mouse over the spot where the door should be the cursor changes to indicate a non traversable tile.

I set all characters to search and parked them outside the door and waited several minutes but still the door does not appear. Anyone encountered this and if so what do I need to do to open this door?

I encountered a door just south of the tunnel without a door that that leads to another door that is blocked from the other side, maybe I can figure out how to get through that one but am coming up with nothing so far.

Thanks for your help with this.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Aren't there some rocks you have to drop or something? Found just north of there (though you have to go all the way around since they are above a cliff). I kind of feel like they have some significance but I could be mistaken.
  • OraldOrald Member Posts: 3
  • OraldOrald Member Posts: 3
    Problem solved. I loaded a previous save and the door appeared.

Thanks for the response. The lever/dead fall you mention needs to be activated to reveal the necklace that allows your character to open the doors on this level.